Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email response from Import Intelligence.

Here it is:

"Your car will use any of the 4 colors we offer. Thanks for the pics.

-Matt
www.ImportIntelligence.com
AIM: ImptIntelligence
610.321.2055 M-F 8-4 EST"

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like those.

I have an electric lime Ion and I think that the green one would look good.

I might have to look into those.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My only question would be, since the needles are orange/red color and the kits do not provide you with new needles, if I were to get a blue glow kit, wouldn't it make the gauges light up purple rather than blue????

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
We need to figure this out. ASAP!!!! If the needles have the orange backing then do we need to pull off the backing to get the blue needles? Also from what it seems we need one large and 3 small needle kits. If thats the case were looking at $67 bucks for the needles to be blue. Not a bad price considering the involvement in them I think. But this definatly puts me on hold as I'm having some performance stuff made up and need all the money I can get.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
D3XXFR said:
We need to figure this out. ASAP!!!! If the needles have the orange backing then do we need to pull off the backing to get the blue needles? Also from what it seems we need one large and 3 small needle kits. If thats the case were looking at $67 bucks for the needles to be blue. Not a bad price considering the involvement in them I think. But this definatly puts me on hold as I'm having some performance stuff made up and need all the money I can get.

Yeah, we need to find out if the orange backing can even be peeled off. Hopefully, it's just a vinyl strip. I don't really feel like pulling my dash apart right now but I may dive into it this weekend if someone does not find out before I do.

Also, wouldn't we need 2 large and two small? We have the 2 large for the speedo and tach and 2 small for the temp and gas.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I don't know maybe your right, just that the tach needle seemed somewhat small. But yea I am guess its a vynal strip. If I don't go out tonight which is most likely what will happen I'll pull the gauges out and look!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're right. I just went and looked and it is 3 small and one large.

Also, the orange doesn't look like it's just vinyl but I guess one of us will find out soon enough.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"We have developed a low profile carbon fiber powered light ring that sits underneath the stock needles. "

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
So it's just to turn the needles different colors? Couldn't you find some clear needles either from another car, or from a catalog? I think the ones from the old Saturns are like that. You could just use a strip of colored tint, or change the bulbs themselves for that matter. I dunno, just a suggestion, seems like alot of cash to change the color of the needles to me, not trying to be an ass or anything. Where do you run the wires for these 'rings', does it just squish between the bezel and the gauge or something? Have you seen a car with these one them?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
762 Posts
Were not sure exactly. I think I'll figure this out tomorrow for us :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Looks like no one has any clue on this yet? I am bored looks like I'm gonna go look.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I was looking at the gauges, needles and dash there yesterday while cleaning the car, and I just can't see where you would run a wire or anything like that for this kit like you're talking about. Seems like you could fit a the ring under the stock needles, since they have a big circle where the attach, but the needles are RED, real red. That, and it looks to me like you would have the wires just laying across the gauge face, unless there is a way to run the wire into the gauges or something. Sorry, don't wanna rain on your parade or anything, just don't wanna see you waste $$$. I think if you could find clear needles that would fit, and then change the bulbs (or whatever they use to light the needles) to the color that you want, that would be the best idea.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
if they are like the ones on my s-10 you can scrape/rub off the orange. It some off with sand paper or a flat razor then they are clear.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't worry Sp00ner. I wouldn't drop $70 on the kit without finding all that stuff out first. :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
ditto 70 is a lot, though I just dropped that much on season 2 of 24

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I talked to a dude at import intelligence today and he told me that the LED's have two wires. One + and one -. He said that most the time, people just run the + to the dimmer switch for power and then (obviously) ground the -.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts