Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dads friend does very good pinstriping and I dont like the badges on the back. I am thinking to either do "Redline" in script right where the badges would be or above the license plate in that space between the trunk like in some nice lettering say "redline"....i was just wondering what you guys would think look better.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
My dealership already had a red pin stripe on the sides of the car with 'Red Line' in it on the back 1/4 panels, and 'Red Line' in script next to the RL badge. Crappy thing is that the words are noticeably crooked on the back. I don't really like the writing on the back next to the badge, it's just too much for me (not just because it's crooked), but I may be peeling them off pretty soon. Hopefully it's not too late where it faded the paint with the outline of the words on the back...

I don't have the pics of my car with me, but when I get back to my apartment, I'll post what they look like.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I think yours actually looks pretty nice for pinstripes, Papa; as far as pinstripes go, they're quite nice. As for where to do the "Redline badging", I'm going to go out on a limb and say DON'T, at least not with vinyl. If you had some kind of jeweled thing like are on right now, it'd be cool, but stickers in place of the raised silver stuff . . . thanx but no thanx.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I like the pinstriping on the sides, but the 'Red Line' next to the badge on the deck lid is just too much for me. Here's the pics:

You can easily tell how the Red Line goes off at a different angle as the stock badges.

*Edit: Here's a couple more pics of it to give you an idea

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like the side pinstriping but with the stock badges the rear script looks sketchy

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
im not a fan at all.

keith-

i have the cobalt ss supercharged emblum under my stock badging and it looks sweet

k

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I hate bright pinstriping. There was an 05 Silver one with a red pin stripe in the showroom when I got mine. I'm glad I got one with a black pinstripe. Didn't even notice it until after I got the car home. Oh well, I don't mind ones that blend into the car that much. Just my two cents though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts