Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm just curious on people's opinions as to how much $$$ and what kind of performance mods it would take to get to be the first person to post a TRUE kill story against the new Charger due out in a few months? I'm hoping PSIFi gets their shit together in time for me to consider buying this kit. I'm not going to hold my breath though and I've been eyeing a K&N Cold Air kit selling for $230.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
*drools charger srt-8 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yeah psifi is taking a bit longer than I expected. Hell I wanted the kit 3 months ago when they were ready to sell the first time. O well only time can prevail. Hopefully I will be around to use it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yes

Aeain said:
My only grip with the SRT-8 Charger....Automatic only.
Yes holy shit. I hate that, its such a cool car. Just like when i see automatic corvettes or something like that, i cringe. Hopefully they will eventually release a six-speed

·
Registered
563 Posts
Redline686 said:
Yes holy shit. I hate that, its such a cool car. Just like when i see automatic corvettes or something like that, i cringe. Hopefully they will eventually release a six-speed
they can't release a car like that forever without a standard shift in it... you can't bring back the old with out offering it the way it came... they know that they are probably just holding off!!! they're going to lose some money if they don't then again people could buy the automatic then buy a manual tranny swap and the dealer could be making a killing... damn car gods.... PLEASE for once make something easy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Aeain said:
My only grip with the SRT-8 Charger....Automatic only.
I don't think any car or truck that comes with the HEMI is available with a manual trans. I don't see why Dodge wouldn't make one available, that would be awesome to drive a car or truck with a HEMI if it came with a manual trans.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
VueRedline said:
I don't think any car or truck that comes with the HEMI is available with a manual trans. I don't see why Dodge wouldn't make one available, that would be awesome to drive a car or truck with a HEMI if it came with a manual trans.
That's dodge for ya

·
Registered
63 Posts
VueRedline said:
I don't think any car or truck that comes with the HEMI is available with a manual trans.
All new Toyotas have HEMIs..... but I don't think anyone cares about that. I can't stand hype over something as stupid as a head design that many manufacturers use but only Dodge advertises like its something extraordinary. :rolleyes: Back in the day it was a big deal, now its nothing special. Why don't they start working on something more '90s like some kind of variable cam timing, or better yet something crazy like direct injection. :eek: :rolleyes: Maybe then they can brag....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh yeah, gotta love that Toyota HEMI

planetSlowCar1 said:
All new Toyotas have HEMIs.....
Yeah but when someone says "HEMI's are great engines" your response wouldn't be "Yeah, those Toyotas are nice lookin." So I don't think you can skew the word HEMI into meaning a Toyota because everyone knows it's a Dodge. Although I do know what you are saying about the engine and it's marketing. Dodge is using it to their advantage and are raking in the bucks because of it. The new HEMI's combustion chambers are hardly hemispherical but hey the "legendary" motor is back and to all the Joe Dirt's out there, they looooove them HEMI's boy, I tell you what.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
.........so much for my original question.......... :confused: :p

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
aren't the HEMI's not truly a "HEMI?"

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'd prefer a set of vortec heads over hemispherical any day, much cheaper power :) I just cant figure out why all these srt's are 4 door other than the viper. More cars need suicide doors, at least by the time i'm sick of my redline, which could take quite a while

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yea I think the guy that posted after me said the Dodge hemi's aren't real hemi's. But the Toyota heads are. I think the public needs to know about this. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.