Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just surfin around the Cobalt SS forums run by Ekool tonight, and noticed a thread where this one Cobalt dynoe'd at 232WHP stock. Any reason this might have been so high? The link is here and post number 4 has the picture of the dyno sheet. Check it out.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
i raced another ss ( not my bro ) him being stock vs me (intake , exhaust) and won by car and half we did stop, and roll lik 5 or 6 times he could'nt believe saturn had a same engine i was like my bro hass SS i beat him all the time :p
he had girl in car he was like yea right i was liek ok then :D if they r dynoing so high we must be round that too i think the only thing they have over us is the better ECU remap ;) that is lik 5 to 10 hp <- could be wrong bout that? :confused:

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was also thinking that it could be one of those freak dyno's in a series. Sometimes you'll get the one that is almost exponentially higher or lower than the average of all the other pulls. Could be just an accident, or could be a whole freak car putting out much more than supposed to. Either way, I wouldn't be complainging if I were that guy. Having a car dyno almost 30WHP more than rated crank HP is awesome.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
accross the board I don't think the Cobalt SS is any better/worse than the ION Red Line. Sat night at NRP, there was a copper CSS and he was experiencing bad wheel hop (shook itself into limp mode on one run) and he was in the mid 15s at best. Granted, it was his first time with the car at the drags, but that just shows that the car itself is not a power giant, that is is a drivers race to get it into the 14s.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i went from a roll with an SS/SC the other night, from bottom of second to mid 4th, it was dead even the whole way. he had 2 people in the car. i got the K&N CAI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts