Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys I thought I would let you all in on a little secret. There is a new torque dampener out on the market and I was lucky enough to help out in the testing phase or it. Ingalls Engineering Company has finally released their version on the engine dampener and let me tell you from experience, this thing is awesome. Goofyguys/Vita/Cynic’s braces are good but this new brace is probably one of the better designed ones yet. Truly I have nothing against the Torque Forward brace setup other than he is having design issues for the 06 Cobalt’s which is to be expected. The Ingalls setup is a direct bolt in and fits great on the 06’s see the pic. I had the two brace setup on my car and I am getting a better feel and NO WHEEL HOP what so ever even in water. I was truly amazed at how well this works out for just one brace. We were able to put down a 25 ft patch and experienced no hop. Bowofdoom can a test to the quality of this as he was the one who had helped out until his little mishap. Folks I truly what recommend this product. The guys down there are very knowledgeable Rob, Brad, and Steve go that extra mile to make sure things are right. The appearance of the dampener is great it is made of good solid steel. The brace is polished. I have mine set for the hardest setting and there is a little vibration but nothing worse then the others that are out there. The shifts are solid and it feels as if the power is finally getting to the ground. Again I am amazed at this and thought I would share with you all another product that might help us out with the hated WHEEL HOP

Attachments

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You know that the damper is the same exact item right? Ingalls makes the cyl's for the braces... so unless the design is something amazing... $300? Are you serious? That's the same item that Cynic is selling you for less... :confused:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Sp00ner said:
You know that the damper is the same exact item right? Ingalls makes the cyl's for the braces... so unless the design is something amazing... $300? Are you serious? That's the same item that Cynic is selling you for less... :confused:
I really don't think it is the same cylinder. Also they aren't selling for $300. TurboTech Racing is selling them for $189.99 shipped and $164.99 for a group buy of 5 or more.

Check the thread here, http://tinyurl.com/fjxmo

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
max_boost said:
I really don't think it is the same cylinder. Also they aren't selling for $300. TurboTech Racing is selling them for $189.99 shipped and $164.99 for a group buy of 5 or more.

Check the thread here, http://tinyurl.com/fjxmo
They're the same cyl. Mine says Ingalls right on it, and that's the site that Goofy told everyone to use. Just look at the thing. Goofy said from the start, that it's the Ingalls cyl, just like WeaponR used... They're one of the only companies that makes 'em.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sp00ner said:
no it is not the same. they are different in many ways from what cynic is selling. we looked at both of them opened up

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
littlebigss said:
no it is not the same. they are different in many ways from what cynic is selling. we looked at both of them opened up
The brackets could be different... but the cyl is the exact same. The instructions for setting the tension on them came on an Ingalls instruction sheet, Goofy's instructions were links to the Ingalls site, and you've been able to buy them from Ingalls since day one as a universal kit. No one wanted to do that though. Anyone that has one just needs to look at the pics of them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RL-2005 said:
just to be a dick.....

how is it a "10" for power increase at the top of the page

maybe a 10 for more power to the ground
or 10 for how similar it is to cynics
this is just my opinon. the power is getting to the ground so much better than it did with the dual brace setup. this is why i rated it a 10 for power increase.. i am not bashing cynic's set up either. it is a good setup but my opinon is that this seems to function in a better way. and it does not look like cynics setup unless his new design which i have not seen and am still waiting for the new brckts to show up. so with that in mind i am unsure as to if it looks like cynics. this is just another option that is now available. like i said i am not bashing the current setup that is available. i had it and used it for a long time and was happy with it, but something 9n my opinon came out which is better.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
First opinions are all biased to ownership and happiness. I can own a Dodge and say its the best car in the world but some here will disagree. I know its not the best but my happiness in the car will let me put the number 10 for its purpose. Second power isnt a 10 this mod increases power by exactly 0 percent. All it does is eliminate wheel hop. Now if there was a safety one I would mark that up a few points because its saving the powertrain from some serious abuse. Next ease of install. The brace business has moved a lot in the 2 years but they are all easy to install. Now they are all bolt on unless your a moron trying to use a screwdriver to remove the bolts there is no way to consider the install hard.

As for the braces. They are 90% identical. The internalls are almost perfect duplicate. The biggest differneces are and you can quote me the fancy etch of ingalls and the polished body. If you want to pay for the name brand jump on it. For 300 you can get all that cynic has like the strut brace, the torque brace, and if he gets them the lower braces. Or you can have 1 ingalls brace. As for the brackets if Cynic had a million dollar lathe trust me they would be better too. But he has a new design on the verge or marketing and they are steel and no chance of them braking under the cars power.

All together we have a lot of opinions here lets sort out the facts. New cynic vs. Ingalls.
Cynic Ingalls
1- stop wheel hop Yes Yes
2- easy to install Yes Yes
3- looks nice Yes Yes
4- Great Price Yes No

Great price is a no becuase from ingalls its 300 bones from their vendors is less then 200. Whats the real price? Too much for me to care about thats the right price. Also what happens if you have a question on the weekend or a friday night? You send a Email and Pray some one answers. I bet Cynics turn around call time is almost immediatly to the same day. Thats customer service. Im unbiased becase I dont sell them, I dont have one, and I dont care.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
goofy like i had said i am not bashing on anything you or cynic have developed what you guys have done has been a great help to many on this board and others like it. as for the rating system i guess i need to change it as to avaoid confusion becuase you are right it does not increase the power of the car, my bad. as for the opinon stuff again you are right. it is a bias thought. i feel that it is a great product and i would recommend it as well. as i did yours when you had the company. the internals are different between the two and there is a difference in how they react due to the different internals. the one i bought from you and have approx 10,000 mile and many many runs down the strip was begining to fail as the rubber bushings were wearing down on the inside. the metal washer between the two rubber stopers was being cut from the rod downing it job. no is this becuase of a miss adjustment. well i would probably have to say yes. i had mine adjusted as tight as i could go for lack of movement. again i am not in any way bashing the product that was produced before it was a good product. the ingalls system uses a 1 piece setup.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Your enthusiasm is great and this is what makes the aftermarket stronger. Even though a year ago Ingalls emailed that they were NOT going to make a product for the car they did anyways. You know why. because the demand for parts for a car just because worth it. Thier emial implied the Redline would fail the numbers wouldnt support any need for thier market share. Now they see some potential and jumped on board.

Your opinion of the product is some what Biased sure but still it does what it needs to do making it great correct? Thats whats important. Will I reccomend them no not for a second. Why because when I was making them they treatened to sue me many times but never did. They are overpriced and with proper wear you will see thiers will do the same over time. Keep your head up and enjoy what you have. You still need to post the installed pics by the way.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ingalls Torque Dampener Just Released!

Turbo Tech Racing, is proud to announce the release of Ingalls Stiffy Engine Torque Damper. Please check out www.TurboTechRacing.com for more details and an installed picture of the product.

This dampener will only fit the 2.0L supercharged Redline and Cobalt SS.

We are offering a group buy on another web forum and would like to pass this on to the Saturn Redline owners.

At the checkout of www.TurboTechRacing.com enter the discount code "INGALLSGB" and press the recalculate icon. It is a $25 discount code. And final price shipped should be $164.99 Shipped.

Ingalls stated R&D is done they just need to Zinc plate the parts, shipping in about 3 weeks. This Group Buy will run for 3 weeks. Once they are shipping the price will be 189.99 Free Ship.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
goofyguy said:
You still need to post the installed pics by the way.
i have tried and it won't show them. when i get home i will try again to get them to go up. sorry. they should work

·
Registered
384 Posts
The picture looks like the thing is attached to the engine only..

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Thats a pretty beefy bracket they use. Looks like a decent design.

·
Registered
851 Posts
wonder if they actually work better than cynics...and do they come in asorted colors....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts