Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
BlueMonster said:
wonder if they actually work better than cynics...and do they come in asorted colors....
I'm curious too. Let us know.

·
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion
2,332 Posts
littlebigss said:
this is just my opinon. the power is getting to the ground so much better than it did with the dual brace setup. this is why i rated it a 10 for power increase.. i am not bashing cynic's set up either. it is a good setup but my opinon is that this seems to function in a better way. and it does not look like cynics setup unless his new design which i have not seen and am still waiting for the new brckts to show up. so with that in mind i am unsure as to if it looks like cynics. this is just another option that is now available. like i said i am not bashing the current setup that is available. i had it and used it for a long time and was happy with it, but something 9n my opinon came out which is better.
No worries about me guys ;). The 06 fix is supposedly shipped, we just haven't seen it at our houses yet. There are plenty of products available and I would agree that an Ingalls product would be better than my old design. It was a home-made setup. They're a bigger company can buy in bulk and can get a cheaper price than I can on the thing. My dampener isn't from Ingalls and in fact I have no idea what company actually makes it. The instructions are in all japanese.

Our new design will be professionally machined, be able to be powdercoated and will retail for about the same price as these people's.

Thanks for backing me up guys!

Ben

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
nice i may pick one of these up...

·
Registered
5 Posts
would people be interested in different color choices for the dampers and brackets?

if so what color choices...
I see alot of people that just powdercoat the brackets... It is usually 30-50 depending on the powder coater..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ingalls "should" be recieving the shippment of the mounting hardware sometimes early next week.. I will post up when I have more info..

Very very soon I promise....

·
Registered
36 Posts
<< New Dampener>>>

Uhm.. you know that a dampener makes things wet right? You might want to edit your post to read "New Damper" for sale.. Just a thought..

But then again, I forgot about the Star Trek Dictionary entry "We're entering a dampening field Captain Picard...." Consider it valid.. but know that engineers the world over chuckle when they see this fairly common noob mistake.

Kind of like when somebody says that they feel "nauseous"... and I agree with them.. they are truly nauseous...

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
damp·en ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dmpn)
v. damp·ened, damp·en·ing, damp·ens
v. tr.
1.) To make damp.
2.) To deaden, restrain, or depress:
3.) To soundproof.

·
Registered
29 Posts
WOW I didn't know using a simple word could make someone so angry......OK...OK.... it's a shock with a coil on it!!! It's NEW...built ONLY for Redlines! I don't see anyone else developing high end suspension like this...

Sorry.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I didn't know a simple word could make someone so angry....We will now start calling it a "shock" if that's ok with everyone.....

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Team TNR said:
OK check this out! Intrax has coilovers for the Redline.....FYI
Why don't you make a new thread and post some more info about these coilovers. I know there are some people who have been waiting on something like this.

·
Registered
144 Posts
jeepin79 said:
Thats a pretty beefy bracket they use. Looks like a decent design.
I have worked with Ingalls for years. The products are first class, and the engineering behind each product is second to none.

We are already shipping the Cobalt SS Stiffy Torque Dampers at www.GravanaTuning.com! We should know today if they are an exact fit on the RL!

Jim

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ingalls Torque Dampers - Always in stock at Best Prices from Gravana Tuning

Very true! If wheel hop is an issue, the Ingalls Torque Dampers work great. For even better performance and wheel-hop reduction, get the Gravana Damper & Bushing Package Combo:

CLICK HERE!

__

·
Registered
97 Posts
Very true! If wheel hop is an issue, the Ingalls Torque Dampers work great. For even better performance and wheel-hop reduction, get the Gravana Damper & Bushing Package Combo:

Excellent deal
Just installed in my 04 RL
Much better control during excelleration.
Only issue was the added noise (very noticable) but it sounds meaner than before.
Recommended addition.
:banana_hi

·
Registered
117 Posts

Excellent deal
Just installed in my 04 RL
Much better control during excelleration.
Only issue was the added noise (very noticable) but it sounds meaner than before.
Recommended addition.
:banana_hi
Ya and I'll add another recommendation to that. Prepare yourself to buy new motor mount inserts after 1 year. Works like a charm this product, but goddamn does it ever wear out the mounts!

21 - 40 of 46 Posts