Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got off the phone with eibach regarding redline and ss springs the new redline springs are alsmost ready and they will also be doing a set for the ss for anyone that knows someone with the ss. just thought i would update. the time frame is mid june when they will be ready.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
that's what i've been waiting for. i hope they come out with a full spring, shock, rollbar combo fine tuned for the RL and SS. that will be my happy day!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Vita said:
that's what i've been waiting for. i hope they come out with a full spring, shock, rollbar combo fine tuned for the RL and SS. that will be my happy day!
Agreed. Eibach makes some good parts. I would like to see a sport line kit in the 1.75 to 2.00 inch range. It seems that the lower this car gets the better it looks. :D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the eibachs will be in that range as far as hieght goes i think more around 1.5-1.6 though. i really like the eibach springs the only thing is usually they are much stiffer than stock ones and you usually will feel all the bumps in the road a lot more than some of the others. on some applications they are fine and on others they feel like riding on rocks. on my 200sx they were great much better than the intrax ones i had on there. who incidentally have springs also for our car. as well as goldline who i just spoke to also.
i would love ride feedback on the sprints. i had three people in today with redlines wanting springs. i hesitate selling the sprints because of past big problems with really bad sagging and poor ride.
if you have any comments os the sprints please do tell us here mainly on the ride comfort and do they hop around on the road or are they pretty smooth thanks

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
that's the point though, although some people do it for looks, i like to IMPROVE handling. if they came out with a setup like they did for the mustang, to take a stock car and make it track worthy (as if ours aren't) with ALL the proper components. not just slam it and not worry about struts, etc.

just because a car is lower, doesn't mean it handles better...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i understand that but i need the ride quality in mine as well. i have a wife who hates the ride of lowered cars and a kid coming so i dont want the car to hit bumps like it is hitting a pothole understand??? so i am looking for springs right now that ride very well without bouncing all over the place or being to stiff

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Hey Z, can you get us some spring rates on the Eibachs? Or any of the ones that are out now? If you can find the spring rate for the stock springs, that would a miracle... some of us want/need to see what were working with, compared to what the springs are rated. So far, it's hard. I don't like to change things out, unless I know as much as possible about each item.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
zfactor said:
i understand that but i need the ride quality in mine as well. i have a wife who hates the ride of lowered cars and a kid coming so i dont want the car to hit bumps like it is hitting a pothole understand??? so i am looking for springs right now that ride very well without bouncing all over the place or being to stiff
i thought it was the sprints that rode nice, but i'm not sure as i'm not really into the lowered look unless it follows the function of improved handling. since you've got a shop i can see the need to advertise through what you drive, so making it look lower makes you look better! there is a thread about springs if you search for "springs and installed" in the title, i think you'll find it

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Unless you change the suspension geometry outside of it's acceptable limits, dropping the car almost always results in better handling. Since you're dropping the center of gravity lower....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok, so we're all talking springs, but what about shocks, or even coil-overs? I'm pretty sure riding around on stock shocks/struts isn't good, as the stockers were not designed to ride at a lowered height. I don't know how the ride is, but if it's like any other lowered car i've been in without proper shocks, it's bouncy. So, i think we need to work on koni, tein, or bilstein to get us some new shocks/struts, or maybe someone like H&R for a full coil-over setup?

I don't have my redline yet (although my dealer called yesterday and said that it's been moved to status "pre-production", whatever that means) so i don't know what the suspension looks like, but if it is the same as the cobalt (which i assume it is?), then i guess we already have the H&R kit, which RK Sport is selling.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes it is the same as the cobalt already checked with the exception that the springs are MUCH firmer on the cobalt so the springs will not be interchangeable, hold on let me make a call on the spring rates ill post back in a minute.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Unless you change the suspension geometry outside of it's acceptable limits, dropping the car almost always results in better handling. Since you're dropping the center of gravity lower....
true, but i think i'd consider putting springs on the stock struts putting it out of it's acceptable limits, unless the springs were designed to work with the stock struts, which there are none as of yet that are, they just so happen to fit and lower ride height.

that's why i've been wishing for this eibach setup for a while. and when eibach makes springs, they usually have replacement struts to go with them, in either sportline or prokit form (think that's the lines...)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok sprint is kinda well i dont know they said they dont have that info and dont know what the springs rates are??? he said all he knows is they are 25% stiffer than the stock springs on the redline. yes he said redline. one reasone i have disliked sprint is they never have any specs on anything they make. this was from one of thier head techs there. im on the phone with a friend from eibach now seeing if they know what they stock rates are.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Thank ya sir!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
also intrax checking on their springs also

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
spooner my friend at intrax will get the stock specs for us from gm within the week. he needs to make a few calls as they dont even have them yet on paper. they do in their r&d dept but the all secret stuff. so we will know soon. he also said that those sprint will begin to sag in about 8-12 months and the ride will begin to get very mushy. just fyi

·
Registered
135 Posts
When you get the stock rates, please post those, too. I've been trying to find them for months. Thanks. I'd also be interested in a front coil-over set up--as well as 'real' shocks and springs in the back.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
check and check and check all coming from intrax!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I would almost rather have shocks before springs, but both would be REAL nice... so check on the shocks too Z-man...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
shocks are coming from tokico and kyb!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.