Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I put my machining training to work spinning down a chunk of solid Urethane and made an aluminum insert for it, too. Pressed out the old rubber mount insert and poped in my replacement. This is the lower mount in the front of the car, pics of old and new version attached. Then while I was buying the recommended adhesive to re-do the bodykit on our Neon, I noticed that is was a Quick-cure URETHANE! My mind goes, Hmmm..... So I get home and drop the rear trans mount and proceed to clean it off and fill the cavaties with the black goo. It is supposed to dry with a 1500 psi strength and a rubber hardness of 50-60. This stuff is the shit they put windshields in with, it is nasty and do not get it on you!!!! Do not breathe the fumes, it is an isocyanate and can mess up your breathing. It will "skin" over in 15 min and should cure overnight. This whould make the wheel hop a lot better and is a cheap mod. The lower 2 mounts are the same (as far as the rubber insert goes) I am in the process of removing the top mount and will be filling it up also. Pics attached

Attachments

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
im interested if anyone has a spare set of mounts or can get me a set i can ship them to energy suspension they will make us a insert set for the redline mounts. i dont want to be without mine so i cant take them out. let me know

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I have done that on my older cars and my buddies integra as well. not worth the vibration to me on a daily driver. although very affective not worth it to me on a day to day driver for comfort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts