Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

32981 - 33000 of 33023 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like I need a thermostat replaced (open/cold) P0128

Also I'm getting P0603. Autozone did the battery check and says the battery is a couple hundred CCA under what it should be.

What do you guy recommend for a service in the new england area for our cars? Is it just any old GM dealer now or are there Saturn techs still savvy on Redline issues?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Looks like I need a thermostat replaced (open/cold) P0128

Also I'm getting P0603. Autozone did the battery check and says the battery is a couple hundred CCA under what it should be.

What do you guy recommend for a service in the new england area for our cars? Is it just any old GM dealer now or are there Saturn techs still savvy on Redline issues?

Thanks!
For a t-stat any chevy dealer should be fine it's in the same spot as the slowbalt. If you have an optionB tank point that out. Some kid did mine just before my warranty ran out and filled my he tank thinking it was the radiator tank. I got in to leave and the coolant light was on. I went back in and asked if they regularly let vehicle leave with lights on that weren't there when it got there.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

Thanks!

I go to chevy and there are old saturn techs there...

It takes some energy to let them know (really the service reps) some of the features on the redline

and
if you go you have to give them a brief history of ours cars.

I also love telling them about my performance car and there are brand new corvettes coming in for service next to mine :cowsmile:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm figuring a $1000 day tomorrow.

$400 for a new thermostat

$600 for a new PCM....

I usually do all my own maintenance, which has been pretty much nothing on this so dealer pricing is unfamiliar to me.

$1000 for a P0128 and a P0603: That sound right?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'm also going tomorrow for an oil change

got to remind them about the 6.75 quarts

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm figuring a $1000 day tomorrow.

$400 for a new thermostat

$600 for a new PCM....

I usually do all my own maintenance, which has been pretty much nothing on this so dealer pricing is unfamiliar to me.

$1000 for a P0128 and a P0603: That sound right?
They better buy you dinner and kiss you first.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
they usually ask me to put it on their lot when I go

and I'm like ...

sure ya would

·
Registered
933 Posts
In all seriousness, what do you figure the cost would be?
Figure an hour labor for the thermostat, and a 50% markup on the stat, $140 tops.

A used PCM could be sourced for $100-150, then send it to ZZP, another $100 for a canned tune. Get a local with HPTuners to do the crank relearn if needed.

$1000 should be prosecuted as robbery.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Funny to see guys from across the country on a New England thread...probably cuz we still hold the record for the largest one on here lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
Funny to see guys from across the country on a New England thread...probably cuz we still hold the record for the largest one on here lol
Well, site traffic is so slow, I figure we're one big happy family.

Besides, all yous guys from the NE are alright. You're just regular Yankees. The bad ones are the Damn Yankees, they come south of the Mason-Dixon and stay. :D

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
My chevy also provides coupons and discounts on service so sometimes it is not that bad

And I have actually heard stories of the charges at Saturn way back that are cheaper now at chevy

I got some good deals and some that hurt but can't complain - I'm the only ion redline around lately in my area

going in soon for my service in a few... little nervous

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
guess there were many groups from all over the country back then

hard to imagine that being I feel like the deserted island of cars

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Well, site traffic is so slow, I figure we're one big happy family.

Besides, all yous guys from the NE are alright. You're just regular Yankees. The bad ones are the Damn Yankees, they come south of the Mason-Dixon and stay. :D

We all probably talk a little different - we lose that here with our text messages

I visited a lot down south when I was a kid - traveling

Went to all the southern states and had fun

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ok so I am back from the chev dealer:

I ask about the manual transmission fliud - see what the want

at first they give me - about 2 bills

so i say lets do ...

then they come back and say they did not realize there is different oil in there and they don't have it - got to order

Now they say 3 bills

What do ya guys think should I do it ?

Or just forget it

·
Registered
933 Posts
Ok so I am back from the chev dealer:

I ask about the manual transmission fliud - see what the want

at first they give me - about 2 bills

so i say lets do ...

then they come back and say they did not realize there is different oil in there and they don't have it - got to order

Now they say 3 bills

What do ya guys think should I do it ?

Or just forget it
$30 in fluid
$10 for a fluid pump
30 mins of your time

Up to you.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
My chevy also provides coupons and discounts on service so sometimes it is not that bad

And I have actually heard stories of the charges at Saturn way back that are cheaper now at chevy

I got some good deals and some that hurt but can't complain - I'm the only ion redline around lately in my area

going in soon for my service in a few... little nervous
My wife's family is in Lincoln we travel down there every so often.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alllllllrighty...

Back from the Stealership...

I have a P0603 and a P0128: (Autozone)
"Needs a software upgrade/PCM reprogram and a thermostat"
Also, your CC clutch switch is broken. To get the light out/pass inspection it will be $640...

How much for the clutch switch replacement? "$140"

Told them to fix the computer, replace the thermostat; $504
Ordered switch overnight from Amazon $20 and will install today.

After 75+ miles highway/city driving, no lights are on. Switch in today, back to inspector on Monday and hopefully I stop thinking about my car for another year...

32981 - 33000 of 33023 Posts