Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm under the impression that these take 9007 bulbs, which are high and low.

has anybody replaced them yet with aftermarket bulbs?

i sold my hid kit, and i wanna get some replacement bulbs, but i want some nice blue tinted ones, and im really not sure what to get.

piaa, eurolite, catz, naxos, sylvania? anybody have any ideas or use anything thatll get me as close to my beloved hid conversion as possible?

thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your going for a stock sized/style bulb go with Silvania Silverstars they are the best light for the buck, little pricey tho. 9007 is for ion QC, bought them a month or so ago and they are great, especially the high beams on the highway. I would stay away from the cool blue or other companies knock offs, the light off Silverstars is very clear and crisp.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, I've heard the Silverstars are an excellent choice for a bulb replacement. I want to do true HID's like my SC2, but I don't know if I want to go through the hassle again. Also I don't know if it makes a difference that the low/hi beams are the same bulb...

Tom

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can get hids in 9007, so i think itd be ok.

i just got silverstars today, and replacing the bulbs is freaking great......if anybody has had an s series, u gotta check out the headlamp assembly....taking them out is entirely simple. no more wrench and screws.

all you do is turn a piece of bent metal and pull it out.

its great.......maybe im way behind in the news but still, its great! haha, it made my day.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Can you get some pics at night with them on? How much did they run you? I think this is the route I'm going to go, I don't feel like blowing that much on true HID's again...

Tom

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it was about 52 bucks after tax for a pack of 2, and about 3 minutes to install the bulbs.........i can't get over how insanely easy taking the headlight assembly off is.

they definitely help more than the stock sylvania bulbs....i do plan on doing a true hid convsersion but not till next summer.

what color were your hids? mine were 5300k and i wished id gotten 6000 or 8000......but oh well.

(for those who don't understand, the higher the number the more intense the color, not brightness.....white>blueish white>blue>bluish purple>purple)

anyway, id like to have gotten the real nice piaa bulbs, but theres not too much point in it....these do the job nicely.

ill get pics up for you by this weekend.

·
Registered
524 Posts
In my SC2 I've tried probably about 4 different sets of bulbs, including PIAA. I wasn't really that impressed with any of them, and for the price I think the Sivlerstars are the best. My HID kit was an 8000k, and OMG is it beautiful and it made driving at night a blessing. Either way I think I'll stick with Silverstars until I see your true HID's on your RL, then you'll force me to get some bastard ;)

Tom

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, sounds like u and i are gonna go back and forth on our mods......sounds good to me! lol.

yeah, an 8000k kit sounds good....i dont wanna go to 12 cuz thats just way too purple for me, plus im probly gonna do the blue theme if i do end up doing a theme.

·
Registered
524 Posts
8000k are actually purplish. The closet I can compare them to are the Porsche HID's, they are almost the same color...

Tom

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Talk about raising a thread from the dead. lol

What is the code for our "flashers" (turn signalbulbs) I want to get some silverstars.

·
Registered
399 Posts
3357A for the turn signals/drl. I bought the PIAA hedlight bulbs from Gravana, not happy with them. Not that much brighter from the way it looks inside the car. People flash me now thinking I have my brights on even though I dont, so they must be brighter than normal, no blue tint in the light like they say, not worth the money, but they do have a clear white light.

·
Registered
804 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
i'm under the impression that these take 9007 bulbs, which are high and low.

has anybody replaced them yet with aftermarket bulbs?

i sold my hid kit, and i wanna get some replacement bulbs, but i want some nice blue tinted ones, and im really not sure what to get.

piaa, eurolite, catz, naxos, sylvania? anybody have any ideas or use anything thatll get me as close to my beloved hid conversion as possible?

thanks!
Phillips Vision Plus

A nice upgrade from stock. Skip the blue if you want best visability.

Pierre

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
So the purple or 8000 HID conversion color is real good for night driving? I have only experience with Silver Star's on my SC-2. What HID # would match the factory driving lights on the '06 RL?

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts