Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, im the new guy to this forums, and planning on getting a new redline this summer, waiting for saturn to release that new LSD factory package! My 98sc2 was my first car and it has been my baby even though she caught the old nick name "1.9 liter oil eater". I had plans on dropping a SCDyne SC kit on it, but then the redline came out. Hopefully by the time i get my new redline GMC will have released those "stages" they promised. Also looking to see if they will upgrade from a root style SC to centrifugal. Ill probably be trolling the boards often, so get used to me! =)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
RedlineNJ said:
Hey guys, im the new guy to this forums, and planning on getting a new redline this summer, waiting for saturn to release that new LSD factory package! My 98sc2 was my first car and it has been my baby even though she caught the old nick name "1.9 liter oil eater". I had plans on dropping a SCDyne SC kit on it, but then the redline came out. Hopefully by the time i get my new redline GMC will have released those "stages" they promised. Also looking to see if they will upgrade from a root style SC to centrifugal. Ill probably be trolling the boards often, so get used to me! =)

*Edit* Posted in wrong general forum, mod move it please?

Welcome. You're gonna love the RL.

I doubt they'll go to a centrifugal, but the current roots blower has been rumored to handle up to 20 psi with no probs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
you dont have to wait till summer to get your car with the comp. pacakge on it. my dealer was able to place an imagine for me, with that option on there. its not going to be built until the package becomes available, BUT, you can still order it with the comp. package on it.
nice to know ill have one of the first ones with the package :) now, if only the next 3 weeks could fly by...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
welcome, you'll love it, and you'll especially love being able to give it a little gas in the turns, i know i would!

don't expect them to upgrade to a centrifugal unit anytime soon, the blower is a great combination with the intake manifold/intercooler, and i believe they'll stick to it. read up, there's plenty of info on the site to keep you busy for a while

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome to the forums....I assume you are in NJ from your choice of username, whereabouts? I haven't seen any other redlines around me yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in east brunswick which is like 5 min from rutgers campus, but i go to school at William Paterson and live on Campus which is in north jersey. Guess ill have to read up on the redline SC a bit more. And if the new comp. package isnt comin out for another 3 weeks then that gives me time to sell my SC2 so i can put a little more on the down payment.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm down by Princeton so whenever I am up by you I'll keep an eye out for an RL....so if you see a blue RL on rte 18 sometime it's most likely me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i actually saw a blue RL on ryders lane next to the seven eleven heading towards route one the other week...probably was you

·
Registered
189 Posts
You are going to like it a lot, the RL Its an awesome car not only is it fast but is fast on everyday use roll-on, on curves, no waiting no lag supercharger. I put about 28k a year on my cars and I not only looked for a car to drag race but a car that handles well, comfortable, good styling, and plenty of power to get me through a lot of miles everyday, for not too much money and the RL has all of it. I know there are other great cars with more power and faster in a straight but for me driving everyday and putting that many miles the redline is king. Cars with plenty of power but not very usefull power on everyday driving come to mind like the WRX I could never get the "it" factor of that car that so many people and magazine talked and raved about. tried to get the "it" factor from a WRX but could not (test drove em 6 times, 6 diferent WRX's) did not like em for everyday use, I believe that the stock redline from a roll-on would kill the stock WRX plus turbo took forever to kick and maybe they are great in drag racing or in circuit racing where the turbo's are spooling constantly but for everyday driving right at this moment and for all the above reasons, style, price, power, and many other reasons the redline cannot be beaten by any other car. Only car coming close is the SRT-4 but I still believe in everyday driving the redline is still better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya that is the reason im choosing the RL over the SRT-4, i drive a lot and my saturn has been nothing but reliable. Plus the SRT has some REALLY nasty oversteer...a bunch of my friends have some hooked up ones and i have seen my friend almost go from the middle lane and make an almost 90 degree turn into the median but some how pulled away with his life and car still in tact lol. Another reason why i choose the RL over the SRT and Cobalt is because EVERYONE and there mother has an SRT and the cobalt will be taken over the RL because of the chevy tag the ricer look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
new2boost said:
I'm down by Princeton so whenever I am up by you I'll keep an eye out for an RL....so if you see a blue RL on rte 18 sometime it's most likely me.
I'm interested in checking out your car since you're local-ish.

I'm in South Amboy - fire me a PM or reply here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts