·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
theres more pics in the photo gallery.

·
Registered
155 Posts
looks pretty cool. What car was that scoop originally made for?

I think I'm going to use the early 90's style mustang to do my SL with the cowl.

Josh

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get sheetmetal stampings in any size it just so happens the new body style s-10 has pretty much the same size and curve. P.S. I get these hood scoops without the hood and there less than $100 and they work nice.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
purplesl2 said:
looks pretty cool. What car was that scoop originally made for?

I think I'm going to use the early 90's style mustang to do my SL with the cowl.

Josh

If you need help I can get just about any size and shape of scoops just let me know. Nice thing about being the owner of the shop.

·
Registered
155 Posts
sweet! I wasn't finding any steel scoops when I was looking. I'd prefer to weld it on then mess with it than mold a FG one on and have it crack from hail damage or something! I'd cry! haha

I'll get ahold of you when I get back from Ecuador. How far are you from Seattle/ Ft. Lewis?

Josh

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm on the peninsula and I can see seattle across the water from my house. and FT. lewis is about 30 mins away.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I want an invader syle hood......in carbon fiber ::drools::

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
D3XXFR said:
I want an invader syle hood......in carbon fiber ::drools::

Thats a little trickier, but I'm sure someone is in the works somewhere there always is.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I really like the look of that cowl. Have a question for you. I'll shoot you a pm.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Get that hood on the car and snap some more shots. It looks as if the cowl is small enough to not look out of place. Nice job.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
were did you get the valve cover that has the crome with redline thru it. i want one. :eek:

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
awwww dex dont tell me you want to join the mix and match colors car group...

NOOOOOOOOoooOOOOoOOOoOooOooooOOoooooooOooOoOOooOoOoOooooOoooooOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, heres the deal I can make the hoods for anyone that wants one and we can do a group thing if works. As far as cost I have to do some crunching but materials including paint are like $175 not including a new hood, however do I buy a bunch of stock hoods or do I use yours? As far as labor goes I need to finish this one first, I should be done with the body work tonite which means I should be spraying color by wednesday. I'll take pics when its finshed and post.

I cleaned house in my PM box so drop one if your interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pclear9061 said:
were did you get the valve cover that has the crome with redline thru it. i want one. :eek:

Ten are being powder coated by GTSdaytona right now and when he's done I will polish them. After that either he or I will post them ready for sale. We where waiting till they where done before we where going to post that way we could just send them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
sweet hood man. sry to ask but is it functional or just for looks sry for askin. i'm likin the vavle cover too. :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.