Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone this morning with the service manager, Saturn of Glenview, IL.

After confirming with Saturn and his parts people, Ken said the competition package option (LSD, fog lamps, boost gage/light tach, software upgrade, etc.) will be available in 30-45 days, and is available as a dealer installation. Now, I'm not certain this applies to both '04 and '05 RLs, as I did not specifically ask that question (I have an '05).

Cost of all parts will be approx. $1420, with installation labor and software upgrade, he's estimating total cost of $2248 plus tax.

Woo Hoo! I told Ken I'm in... order the parts this morning! :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Last I checked with my dealer, they would install every thing but the gage. That was about 4-5 months ago though so things might have changed.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jmichna said:
Just got off the phone this morning with the service manager, Saturn of Glenview, IL.

After confirming with Saturn and his parts people, Ken said the competition package option (LSD, fog lamps, boost gage/light tach, software upgrade, etc.) will be available in 30-45 days, and is available as a dealer installation. Now, I'm not certain this applies to both '04 and '05 RLs, as I did not specifically ask that question (I have an '05).

Cost of all parts will be approx. $1420, with installation labor and software upgrade, he's estimating total cost of $2248 plus tax.

Woo Hoo! I told Ken I'm in... order the parts this morning! :D
Really, I'm gonna call the one here in Barrington and Schaumburg and see what they say. That included the LSD too huh? Did he guarantee that price, or did he say 'it should be around....'? I think it's gonna be a little more than that to install the LSD too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sp00ner said:
Really, I'm gonna call the one here in Barrington and Schaumburg and see what they say. That included the LSD too huh? Did he guarantee that price, or did he say 'it should be around....'? I think it's gonna be a little more than that to install the LSD too.
LSD included. The parts price seemed solid, the total cost installed was an "It should be...." I can live with that... I even expect it will creep up a bit.

I've been pestering the Glenview Saturn service guy for a couple weeks now re the competition package (calling about once a day). The Glenview guy said he received some info about availability in a corporate email mid last week, and he was talking to parts people yesterday.

Let me know what info you get from Barrington and Schaumburg, I'm curious to see what they say, too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My inept dealer has no idea about any performance package. :confused:

As a matter of fact I was in another dealer across town talking to the parts guys about SPS parts and they were delivering a new standard Ion to the buyer. They made such a big deal out of saying thank you, they took pictures, had ballons and every salesperson came to shake her hand.

I felt like the dealer I bought mine from could have been a Chevy dealer, they were the typical high pressure sales and all... I didn't know about how other dealers were so much better. :(

·
Registered
327 Posts
Y'know, my dealer didn't know about it either, but he was willing to find out for me. And when I think about it, I'd rather have a dealer who says, "I don't know" than a dealer who makes something up...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
gm3saturn said:
Last I checked with my dealer, they would install every thing but the gage. That was about 4-5 months ago though so things might have changed.
They'd install everything but the boost gauge? So they would rather take apart your transmission for 6 hours to put in the LSD, but they won't feed lines to hook up a meesly boost gauge? Interesting...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Parts will be available as replacements for redlines with the competition package, not as an accessory. Basically you'll have to make your own Kit. As soon as I get parts lists I will let you guys know what you will need and what all is available. Saturn performance of Cory will be able to provide you with them.. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Woah, wait a second. There's a software upgrade in the competition package? I'm ordering an '05 with the competition package monday, and i knew about the LSD, boost gauge, and fog lights - from a saturn promo on it, but i hadn't heard anythign about a software upgrade? Or do you just mean the software upgrade that fixes the cold start thing? If it's something else, does it up the HP or Torque?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Does anyone know the cost of each part? I probably won't get the boost gage (I'll go with a pillar instead). I just got my car back from the body shop so I'll wait for the LSD. I do want to get started when the other are available.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I really am only interested in the LSD and the software upgrade that you guys just mentioned.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
05IsAlive said:
Woah, wait a second. There's a software upgrade in the competition package? I'm ordering an '05 with the competition package monday, and i knew about the LSD, boost gauge, and fog lights - from a saturn promo on it, but i hadn't heard anythign about a software upgrade? Or do you just mean the software upgrade that fixes the cold start thing? If it's something else, does it up the HP or Torque?
Re the software upgrade, all I can report is the service manager I've been dealing with to get the "competition package" made it a point of mentioning a "software upgrade"... he had no further info. I have no idea what the re-programming will provide... I hope we are talking about a bit more HP and torque, maybe a wee bit more top end... but who knows?

My '05 was re-programmed about 10 days ago when I had the camshaft position sensor housing seal replaced... the service guy did not know what version they installed, but said it was the latest Saturn had sent them... I've never experienced the "cold start thing" so I can't say.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, i just talked to my friend who's a salesman at saturn, who will be selling me my '05 redline competition. He told me that they weren't bulding the competitions in the winter, but they are starting to build them again mid-may. I'll have my car sometime in late may, and we'll see what if any is different with the computer. Maybe he'll know more about it when i go talk to him monday. I'll let everyone know if i find out anything.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
i wanna see if i can get the boost gauge dealer installed, wonder where its located and what it looks like.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
true, my previous car was a heavaly modded 02 cav ls sport with the 2.2 ecotec.

i pissed away my warranty real quick. I want to drive this car trouble free for atleast 2 years, i need to keep my warranty in tact ya know? if the dealer did it, it would be less hassle.

keith-

( i could easily do it myself )

·
Registered
1 Posts
What I like about dealers is . . .

The thing I like about dealers is that they just like to sale cars :p . Now service people are the all knowing ones, especially ones that work with the Galles Racing Team. The service manager in the Santa Fe Saturn of NM, stated that the limited slip differential (LSD), was coming soon and that they were looking at pulley mods. This is all that I could "milk" out of him. I would love to know for sure, but until then it's all hear-say.

·
Registered
44 Posts
wait a minute...... you not only get all that cool stuff but you get gun metal 17's, quafe dif, the fog lights are projecter type and I think it has sway bars..... I'll look at mine tomarrow when I through my neon lights under it. Yes I have a competition package RL. Just got it 2 weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts