Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Vince, I don't trust, some people call me crazy but I saw a car he tuned that typically dynos anywhere from 260..which is LOW to 290 which is HIGH and the car he tuned put down 245 whp... the other 2 to my knowledge do not have HP Tuners so they cannot tune the cars. The guy I am trying to get to help us out is an LSx tuner and does a lot of v8's and from the v8 crowd his tunes blow the crap out of vinces tunes.
haha nice. well turbo technology has HP tuners, they also tune a lot of V8s, Corvettes, american cars is mostly what they do. Give them a call sometime it's worth shopping around for the best tuner. But either way i hope you guys have a good tuner soon because im gonna need one :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
well im trying to get a small tune right now to get as much as i can out of my mods and once im done with my build im gonna need a really good tune lol.
where can i get the clear image headers, DP and exhaust from at a good price ?

So i talked to R1 and they said they would sell me Front and Rear for Rotors $245, is this a good deal you think? Plus do I need pads too? or can i use stock ?

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Yah ive lost interest in vince tuning he can get u so much more power than he tunes for and ive tried calling and shit and wont get back to me.

But yah man so much to get and alot of places to get shit from. CIA is good if ur in tacoma area, i go to a local shop here in bellevue for my stuff, get the dealer discount lol. Brake from ebay are good just make sure there not fakes, get hawk hps pads to.

What are u planning on doin first is what i wanna know so we can get u a lsit?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Yah ive lost interest in vince tuning he can get u so much more power than he tunes for and ive tried calling and shit and wont get back to me.

But yah man so much to get and alot of places to get shit from. CIA is good if ur in tacoma area, i go to a local shop here in bellevue for my stuff, get the dealer discount lol. Brake from ebay are good just make sure there not fakes, get hawk hps pads to.

What are u planning on doin first is what i wanna know so we can get u a lsit?
I went to R1 concepts website and I don't see Hawk hps pads for our cars, they sell them but for our cars only thing that comes up is Posi-Quiet.

Anyway very first thing I wanna do is get a double din navigation unit and sell the stock 6 disk cd
Second -- DP, Exhaust (Don't know if im doing headers)
Third -- Brakes (I really hate the stock brakes)
Fourth -- Something to stop the wheel hop and lower the car
Fifth -- sell my comps and get new wheels
and last OTT Stage 1 with some Cooling system.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey welcome, I'm a day or so late seeing this thread, but just a note for anyone having a flex pipe issue. That flex pipe is part of the Catalytic Converter. It is under a federal emmissions warrenty till 80,000 miles. Mine split at about 40,000 miles and was replaced for free by Saturn. Just thought I'd point that out. I was reading through quickly and don't think I noticed anyone bring that up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey welcome, I'm a day or so late seeing this thread, but just a note for anyone having a flex pipe issue. That flex pipe is part of the Catalytic Converter. It is under a federal emmissions warrenty till 80,000 miles. Mine split at about 40,000 miles and was replaced for free by Saturn. Just thought I'd point that out. I was reading through quickly and don't think I noticed anyone bring that up.
Nice, Thanks did not know that. If I don't get an aftermarket exhaust soon then i'll get saturn to fix it cuz i think i do have a problem :-(.. well the car has a problem, although sometimes i do too lol.. anyway

Does anyone know what the 3 Buttons on the BACK of the Boost Gauge are for?? I press them and lights come on next to the boost gauge, different lights depending on which one i press.

also the buttons on the steering wheel, one has a picture of a gauge, other has Res and the other I forgot..anyway nothing happens when I press them, but don't know what they are for :-(

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
I went to R1 concepts website and I don't see Hawk hps pads for our cars, they sell them but for our cars only thing that comes up is Posi-Quiet.

Anyway very first thing I wanna do is get a double din navigation unit and sell the stock 6 disk cd
Second -- DP, Exhaust (Don't know if im doing headers)
Third -- Brakes (I really hate the stock brakes)
Fourth -- Something to stop the wheel hop and lower the car
Fifth -- sell my comps and get new wheels
and last OTT Stage 1 with some Cooling system.
Got to like turbotech, gravana, zzp, ott-p, etc for shit.

-I got a flip out alpine nav/dvd player got rid of stock 6-disc FAST.
-Go to CIA or a good muffler shop, get catback or header back untill u can get a header.
-Get crossdrilled or slotted rotors or both. Powerslot makes some awsome ones, i have them in the rear and gmpp crsdrlld/sltted in front.
-Ingalls torque damper, soild motor mounts, dual torque braces, trans mounts, progress springs(mine), eibach springs, b&g springs, tein springs, etc.
-u make ur choice on wheels and tires get something with a 300-400 rating.
-Ott is good, then get dualpass endplate with opt b and zzp or ott h/e.
-Then get tuned for that shit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Got to like turbotech, gravana, zzp, ott-p, etc for shit.

-I got a flip out alpine nav/dvd player got rid of stock 6-disc FAST.
-Go to CIA or a good muffler shop, get catback or header back untill u can get a header.
-Get crossdrilled or slotted rotors or both. Powerslot makes some awsome ones, i have them in the rear and gmpp crsdrlld/sltted in front.
-Ingalls torque damper, soild motor mounts, dual torque braces, trans mounts, progress springs(mine), eibach springs, b&g springs, tein springs, etc.
-u make ur choice on wheels and tires get something with a 300-400 rating.
-Ott is good, then get dualpass endplate with opt b and zzp or ott h/e.
-Then get tuned for that shit.
Powerslot makes only slotted for our cars right? Not Slotted and Drilled.. Have you heard anything on R1Concept.com ? They have good prices but if it's not a good product then I won't even go there.
I have noticed that the car shakes a lot on bumps (like it feels loose), and it pulls to the right when I floor it especially in 1st gear (is this normal?)

Should i get a 2.5 or 3" exhaust and DP ?

·
Registered
578 Posts
^cut it...the steering wheel buttons r for cruise control and the boost buttons on the back of the gauge r to set the lights to come on at certain rpm's and for the corner markers u can get vinyl at any sticker place thats what i did and its the easiest way to black them out

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
^cut it...the steering wheel buttons r for cruise control and the boost buttons on the back of the gauge r to set the lights to come on at certain rpm's and for the corner markers u can get vinyl at any sticker place thats what i did and its the easiest way to black them out
THanks! I called my friend that tints windows and he said that it has to be special vinyl to resist the heat?

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Damn man u got lots to learn, i have some corner light tint u can have that i got when i got my headlight tint, its precut and just sticks on and need to be rubbed down with water and this rubber piece then absorbs on the lens with heat.

Uh r1 is alright powerslot is very good tho. Take the antenna off if u dont listen to the radio, **** the mod, u gotta take ur fender off and shit, i just took my antenna off cant even notice.

If ur staged with a few boltons 3" would be fine but if ur stock with some boltons go 2.5".

And ur noticing torque steer in 1st thats normal, just hold the wheel and shift lol, dont wheel hop in 1st or 2nd ur trans and axles with take a shit along with ur motor mounts. Ease 1st if u decided to punch it hard then same in 2nd if u hit it hard.

·
Registered
275 Posts
if you only plan on doing the O.T.T.P stage kit and cooling then don't worry about anything bigger than a 2.5" exhaust it won't be needed.

like i said earlier the best way to get rid of wheel hop are O.T.T.P's rotated mounts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
if you only plan on doing the O.T.T.P stage kit and cooling then don't worry about anything bigger than a 2.5" exhaust it won't be needed.

like i said earlier the best way to get rid of wheel hop are O.T.T.P's rotated mounts

Ok Cool.

So I took it to firestone to do an alignment check, and the toe was -0.02 degrees and it had to be at +0.06 so it was wacked out, they fixed that.
They also said I need a brake job in the front, re-surface all that crap but they are charging $189.99 when I can buy some Powerslot rotors and pads for about the same if not less..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
do you think it would matter if i put powerslot rotors in the front with hawk pads and stock rotors in the rear with hawk pads as well?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts