Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEW K&N Group Buy (NEW PRICE $250 shipped)

i've pm'd everyone confirming addresses. if you havent' received one, you've got too much junk in your mailboxes, get rid of it and send me a PM, i'd like to confirm your address before i ship because i don't want to deal with it after it leaves my hands. thank you kindly,

Tom

Re1080
Wolfie
Nero
Blackline
Black05redline
Blue04redline
Wxmd
Yianco465
Amishland
Shaneathan
2004redline
tom01sc2
rendog
unclesmitty
new2boost
blkredline
azkmk
signals
myredline
redline686
unkownsuperhero
redline-er
jparf
spooner
blu redline
howsitgoing

here is my list of those who paid. if you are not on this list, PM me PLEASE and THANK YOU.

we got the rest in today! i work until 5, and hopefully can make it over to the store before they close at 6 to pick up some, plus they fit 18 in the delivery van to be sent to my house today. hopefully i can get them all home today. tonigh i calculate refunds, etc. then go to the UPS store to see what it's going to cost to send to everyone, i guess before i do the refunds! thanks all for your patience, they'll be showing up soon, hopefully before the end of the week!!!!!!!!!!

i've been given at least one refund to go towards donating to the site. i do not expect anyone else to do so, but since it's been done, i'm letting eveyone else know they have the option. any refund that is donated to the site will be mentioned who gave it when i send it to them (which i still need to figure out how). just to let you know. PM me if you want your refund donated. thankx,

Tom

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
2004redline said:
Count me in Vita.

-Matt
No question here, I need some specific dates and payment arrangements though. Never bought anything in this manner before...

I am in...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good question on the credit card. i wanted to do it via paypal, but they'll only let me take out 500/month, which won't cut it. anyone have any ideas? if there is an easy way to do it with paypal, i'd prefer it because everyone is protected that way. i'm going to do some more looking around at paypal and see what we've got going on. suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sp00ner said:
No question here, I need some specific dates and payment arrangements though. Never bought anything in this manner before...

I am in...
once i've got all the money, i can place an order, and K&N says that it should be 7-10 business days before i can pick them up from my distributor, then from there it's shipping time to you.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Paypal would work for me, but now we have to figure out what to do on your end. You don't need to stick you neck out too far. But you could sell them all on ebay if shit hit the fan . . .
So what if people payed you via paypal, and you covered it out of your account paypal is attached to? Possibility?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
unknownsuperhero said:
Paypal would work for me, but now we have to figure out what to do on your end. You don't need to stick you neck out too far. But you could sell them all on ebay if shit hit the fan . . .
So what if people payed you via paypal, and you covered it out of your account paypal is attached to? Possibility?
Yea, can you use your paypal account as payment? Or does the distributor have some sort of paypal connection? It sucks that we have to get into an issue of who trusts who, but it's understandable, there's alot of cash gonna change hands here.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, i can withdraw more than 500 now, but it's going to charge me something like 2.9% + .30 for each payment i receive. i guesstimate $20 for shipping for the sake of figuring this out, and it comes to 8.855, so 8.90 for each payment i receive. since i'm not making any money on this, i'm not going to eat this charge out of my own pocket, that's for sure. so it looks like it's going to cost us each an extra 9 dollars or so. i'm at work so figuring this all out now isn't going to happen, but i'll work on it tonight. i've also got to look into paypal a little more as well, as i've never had to do anything like this before.

·
Registered
391 Posts
im in, i also spent alot of money though paypal wonder if i have a cap on my account also?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i had to upgrade to premier (free, but they charge on receiving money) in order to lift the 500 dollar receiving/withdrawal limit.

ok so i figured out cost to Santa Barbara from me, which is about as far as it goes and it's about $15 dollars depending on how accurate the box size/weight is from K&N's website.

i believe i can receive credit card payments now as well, which is nice i guess.

so what i've got so far is that the intake is going to cost $275, shipping is going to be at most $20 and for me to receive that money paypal charges me 8.90 each time. that comes to a total of $303.90 max right now. so what i've decided to do is charge anyone who wants it shipped 13.00 to bring it to a total of $296.91 and that'll bring it to your door. anyone else near me that won't be needing it shipped will come to $283.30. we need 30 people to get this done, payment can be taken by paypal (if you didn't get that by now, may the lord help you), and once i place the order, it should be 10 business days before they get shipped UPS ground to you.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
check the first thread, wanted to simplify things, so i've listed the prices of shipped vs. not shipped. those are what the prices will be, because i'm not losing money to save anyone money. hopefully we get the 30 fast, if you're ready to send payment, you can send it via paypal to thomasvita at hotmail.com.

i live in new berlin, WI, so if you aren't paying for shipping, make sure you're reasonably close to me or someone else in the milwaukee/chicago area

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tom01SC2 said:
Definitely in. What about color choice Tom?

Tom
it's only listed as black on their site, but the part number indicates polished aluminum

·
Registered
524 Posts
Vita said:
it's only listed as black on their site, but the part number indicates polished aluminum
I read on their site about the typhoon intakes, it says:

Other Features

Precision Engineered Components for a Perfect Fit
More than 35 Years of R&D Technology
Add 5-15 More Horsepower
Powdercoated colors: Blue, Red, Silver
Also in Polished Aluminum

Some I'm not sure if they come in other colors. I wanted a polished aluminum anyways...

Tom

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Tom01SC2 said:
I read on their site about the typhoon intakes, it says:

Other Features

Precision Engineered Components for a Perfect Fit
More than 35 Years of R&D Technology
Add 5-15 More Horsepower
Powdercoated colors: Blue, Red, Silver
Also in Polished Aluminum

Some I'm not sure if they come in other colors. I wanted a polished aluminum anyways...

Tom
From the look of it, I think it's just the misc. fittings and hoses and such that would come in other colors. Kind of like alot of the AEM(?) ones, where they come in Stainless, but you can get the yellow or red 'dress-up' kits on them. SPS sells some stuff like that too.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i've got them working on it right now, but i'll assume that according to the part number (only one for our car) that it'll be polished aluminum. i'll let you guys know when i know.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I'm definately in. Count me as one of those 30, and let me know when you want the payment. And pay pal is the preferred method, correct?

1 - 20 of 432 Posts