Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got a Flowmaster put on with that 2.25 piece opened to 2.5. Man it sounds sweeeet,just like that Cobalt video. I wish I could post video w/ sound but I can't. Now I've got a stock muffler on my hands, who wants it?

·
Registered
366 Posts
did you get rid of the resonator? if not, i've tried that combo, not much louder than stock. on the other habd, i went mufflerless and used stock tip. sounds real badass too!

i want a sound file too of your exhaust!

·
Registered
366 Posts
SatredL said:
Yeah it's kinda loud but it sounds nice. And the s/c sounds better too, and yes I did keep the resonator. Check out that Cobalt video it sounds just like that.
mine sounds like that too, only a little quieter.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
u guys are lucky in this section of the cars again, b/c of stupid cali state laws require no louder than stock exhaust and belive me u i have been pulled over tooo many times to count b/c of the exhaust being "too" loud. "noise pollution".

·
Registered
674 Posts
That kind of sucks.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
If you get the right resonator/muffler combo, there should be almost no noise increase... at least not one that should get you any attention...

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
but with the res that we have on mow i was told by a place that i trust here that there is no bigger/better res that we could put on there that would reduce the loudness of the exhaust. plus yes i do agree with you spooner about the right combo but if you try to get a specific sound and loudness out of it, it is really hard to get the right combo. all the turns that we have in the exhaust line doesnt help, it just makes it so we can only fit one res under there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Chrome said:
Hey Raven, any chance of a sound clip from your muffler-less exhaust?

Later,
Chrome...
i don't have a file. MotorMouth did the same thing. he might have it recorded

·
Registered
86 Posts
In my 70 GTO I have a pretty big cam in a 428 along with 2.5" flomaster 40-series mufflers dumped at the axle and never once did I get pulled over for noise pollution. I guess it's because cops dig the muscle car rumble. I DID get pulled over for no front license plate and the cop wrote it up as an infraction not a fix-it. So I got the shaft on that one and paid $135 for a damn front plate ticket. Go figure...

·
Registered
86 Posts
pclear9061 said:
u guys are lucky in this section of the cars again, b/c of stupid cali state laws require no louder than stock exhaust and belive me u i have been pulled over tooo many times to count b/c of the exhaust being "too" loud. "noise pollution".
I think a dynomax super turbo will give good flow along with a manageable tone. Check it out.

·
Registered
710 Posts
cost...

How much does it cost to get that 2.25 piping upgraded to 2.5 along with the cost of a muffler. And do places like midas do that sorta work?

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Redline686 said:
How much does it cost to get that 2.25 piping upgraded to 2.5 along with the cost of a muffler. And do places like midas do that sorta work?
I went to Tuffy's & it cost me $281 total for the pipe upgrade & muffler.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Really though, what's the difference between a catback kit and a pipe upgrade like you get at Tuffy's?

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
221 Posts
pclear9061 said:
I live in california, and I have no mufflers. ;)
my car is louder than the decibels allowed, but I have a nice little
piece of paper from my dealership stating that my car comes
w/o mufflers. :cool:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts