Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my RL back from the shop(for the fifth time) and I believe they have finally got it. They reprogramed my cam with the latest disc and I have no lag in shifting from 1st to 2nd like I did. My RL runs stronger than it has ever. It does not have a hard start anymore and does not back fire like Smokey's(Chris Tucker) car on "Friday". Anyone having trouble with their 04 RL starting or running rich than I suggest calling your local Saturn and getting the 2005 disc #13 to fix this problem.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dazednconfused75 said:
I guess that explains why my cat gutted itself out the exhaust tip.
exactly. I have had every problem with my RL that anyone on this forum has had and then some. Name it I've had it, but Saturn has backed me and fixed my problems. Everyone is telling me to file the lemon law but honestly I dont want to start for scratch again. This time I think they got it right and so to all those future Ion RL owners dont let this discourage you from buying one, cause I would again, and let those unbelievers see the power of Red Line. Maybe that was the Crown Royal talking I dont know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
does anyone have anything i can print out and bring to the dealership on monday and be like "here this is what i want give it to me" so they cant be like "huh whats a redline again, are u sure saturn made those" i mean that may not be exactly what they said but the service guy looked at me like he knew nothing about the car and it was upsetting me

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
navymitch12 said:
does anyone have anything i can print out and bring to the dealership on monday and be like "here this is what i want give it to me" so they cant be like "huh whats a redline again, are u sure saturn made those" i mean that may not be exactly what they said but the service guy looked at me like he knew nothing about the car and it was upsetting me
navymitch12, now being a military man myself I know about having two homes, your duty station and "home". Now with that being said the Saturn dealership in my hometown called me and said that they had the new program and could I bring my RL in for it. I asked could any Saturn dealership fix my car and he said only if they have the new specs. With that said I went down to the local Satty dealership and explained my problems. The head tech looked at me like I was plagued with HerpesGonaSyphalAids and said yes ever Saturn dealership should have gotten the memo about the RL. So tell your local Satty boys what the fudge! They should have this Shit in their computer. If not e-mail me and I will contact my Satties and get a spefic discription of what you need. Oh yeah nice signature and wish I could be there for the homecoming but I will be in Iraq. Department of the Navy. USMC

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
thank u very much i will do that on monday i have an appt at 1500 that i am going to and i am just gonna tell the guy that ist hesitating from 1st to second, having extended crank problems, and is running rich and i want the ecu reprogramed and the cam sensor looked at

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dazednconfused75 said:
Semper Fi. Nbuddle1974
Semper Fi water warrior, leather neck, devildog, tuforhundin(how ever the Germans spelled that shit), amphibious killer, and my personal favorite jar head. good to know fellow Marines are amoungst us.
On a serious note: Pray for the Marines, Seamen, Soldiers, Fly boys, and Coast Guard boys that have jumped the pond into the sandbox defending our freedom to be Americans. Fucking OH RAH

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
WOW, i am glad i am not in the real navy....... and dont take that the wrong way i am in the navy but i am stationed on an army base, and b4 that i was in school, what all branches, and b4 that i was at boot camp

and im sure u know what MARINES stands for

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry but I have forgotten but at one time I did know what Marines stood for. what do you mean by you are not a real navy guy are you in the reserves? I know what USMC stands for I got that shit tatooed on my right arm, U Sighned the Motherf'n Contract.

·
I
7,838 Posts
Ex-wive's are fun. Especially when they think they screwed you in a divorce and you show up two days later with a new car and a hot ass girlfriend. :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
no im not a SeeBee i am a crypto tech (spook) i say im not in the real navy because i have never seen a Navy ship, my entire life much less been out to sea, and i am stationed at an army base for the next 2 years and prob will get out after 4 years without ever seting foot on a ship

·
Registered
683 Posts
I went to the dealer and told them to give me "Bulletin 05-06-04-006" (Thanks UncleSmitty) and they just said, oh shit, there is a new one. Took about an hour and a HUGE inprovement. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
What kind of improvements are you noticing? I get a real bad jerking in 1st and 2nd gear when a bit cold. I think I've said something about this since I bought the car back in May 04, almost 14,000 miles later its still there. Where's the phone????????

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
SOME hesitation when cold isn't entirely unusual. I have the update, and before it would be real bad, almost bogging down. Now, if I start up and drive out with ZERO warm up, I might get a SMALL hesitation pulling away in first, and from first to second, usually only if I let the RPM's drop too low. Once I've driven the car down the street and make a left, there is no more hesitation. There is SOME warm up required with any car, particuarly one that is tuned aggressively. I'm not saying it should almost stall, and I'm not saying that it should always hesitate. If you're living in the north, and it's winter, you shouldn't expect your car to run perfect before it's warmed up. My Corvette needs to be warmed up in the summer! Of course it's almost 30 years old. I know there have been some issues with the cold start and hesitation, but don't be paranoid either. Remember that your car has a whole different set of parameters when it is warming up than when it is warmed up. I'm not sure of what the open loop operation of the computer is like, but for comparison, my Corvette actually restricted one whole header during warm up. Talk about hesiataion! I doubt the Saturn does the same thing, but you can be pretty sure that the car runs pretty different when it's cold.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i am going today at 1500 i will let every one know how it goes i am gonna get that bulletin and i am thinking about letting them look at the cam position sensor but i might just get the upgrade and try that out

1 - 20 of 72 Posts