Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
2007 IRL, magnaflow catback, coilovers, carbon wing, alum splitter, zzp 2.5" header&dp, ZZP Stage 3
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased this beautiful example on feb 19th, with only 70k miles!
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design Motor vehicle Fixture

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Steering wheel

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

(Yes that gas pedal cover says accord, upside down)
It was originally a base redline, but previous owners installed the boost gauge, foglights, magnaflow catback and raceland ultimo coilovers.

This thing is in insane condition; paint feels like silk, engine bay is clean as hell, nothing is faded (except the single factory headlight still on it, which has a replacement on the way, the clear one isn't factory)
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

But the bad news is I already popped a cv axle in less than a week of owning it 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
I ordered some zzp stage 1 axles and they'll get here monday.
Ordered hikari hyperstar led headlight bulbs as well.
Also ordered a carport from amazon to keep it out of the sun, going to use concrete in homedepot buckets to keep it from flying away.

Super Moderator
Car looks super clean! Congrats on the purchase!
It's nice still seeing ones that have been maintained over the years!
Good call on the carport. Definitely want to keep it minty 馃

Reactions: Dappersworth

Registered
2007 IRL, magnaflow catback, coilovers, carbon wing, alum splitter, zzp 2.5" header&dp, ZZP Stage 3
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car looks super clean! Congrats on the purchase!
It's nice still seeing ones that have been maintained over the years!
Good call on the carport. Definitely want to keep it minty 馃
It's got a lot of recorded history of maintenance and autoshop receipts. Was nice to see the intercooler pump replaced already, I hear they go bad early.
Have you got any tips for preventative maintenance, notoriously bad parts, quirks etc.?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use full synth change every 5to6k miles. Keep an eye on the intercooler pump. Stock ones only likst 30 to 50k. Clean the sunroof gutters and drain lines every few mo ths to prevent clogs
Thanks for the tips, I use mobil1 full synthetic and filter in all our vehicles, right around that change interval. Since it's such a nicely kept car though, I feel like going as low as 3k intervals. As for the intercooler pump, I don't know if they replaced with oem or not, but I may go with a zzp one later.

Registered
3k is kind of a waste of oil and money. I uaed to rach autox twice a month as well as daily my old 06 and 6k changes where just about right. If the pump works now no point in swaping just chrck it every now and then and upgrade when it dies

Super Moderator
Ehhh I still change my oil every 3k in all my cars. Especially my 16 cherokee with the pentastar that is vvt. Cheap piece of mind in my eyes.
Oil is cheaper than an engine

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ehhh I still change my oil every 3k in all my cars. Especially my 16 cherokee with the pentastar that is vvt. Cheap piece of mind in my eyes.
Oil is cheaper than an engine
Part of why I was thinking 3k is because it's an forced induction performance engine, with a lot more strain on the components than say, the ecotec in our 2.2l i4 saturn.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Replaced the cv axles last night with ZZP Stage 1 axles, passenger side was a bitch to remove because of rust. But managed to do it thanks to a 4lb sledge and some pb blaster. Literally took all my might swinging that thing to get it to budge.
Asphalt Road surface Font Audio equipment Tints and shades

Used this home-made axle puller, made it really easy to get them out of the trans and intermediate shaft. Originally made it for an odyssey we used to have. The axle you see in the top left was the rusty culprit.

Premium Member
Is that a 2007 ?

Nice to see some get a nice ride

Mobile one for me usually between 4000-4700

Mobile one is supposed to be really good and last for more they say

But if weather was nice I would also go for the 3000 or 2000 or 1000 miles to have clean oil

Is dirty oil that bad, it gets dirty after you drive away from the new oil change

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that a 2007 ?

Nice to see some get a nice ride

Mobile one for me usually between 4000-4700

Mobile one is supposed to be really good and last for more they say

But if weather was nice I would also go for the 3000 or 2000 or 1000 miles to have clean oil

Is dirty oil that bad, it gets dirty after you drive away from the new oil change
Good eye, yes it is a 2007. I use mobil1 on all of our cars, I trust them to be good quality oil. I may end up selling the car soon though, It's in such good condition that I may stand to make really good profit off of it. I know a lot of people may get upset but I can't pass this up lol.

Premium Member
The plastic exterior has been a life extender on the ions - all of these cars hold up if waxed and clean the inside.

Unfortunately many people don't understand the value that Saturn placed in them,

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright so update on the car! I've decided I'm just gonna keep it. It's too damn fun.

Pictures!
Car Vehicle Wheel Plant Tire

Taillights tinted just enough to get rid of that bright red. Looks 10x better, also got a tinted licenseplate cover. VHT Niteshade spray tint, that stuff works really well. Somehow stayed glossy on the taillights, really nice.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tinted the markers as well, a lot more than the tails to reduce that super bright orange.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

New wheels and tires. Touren TR60 black with a red line, on a Redline. I know, I know, I'm so funny lol. It does look good though.

Super Moderator
Where can I find a redline? I own an 07 ion quad coupe and i've been wanting to find a redline. but I can't find any here in KCMO. I might as well just mod my ion into a redline at this point lol
They're not easy to come by. And value has gone up.
But being you have an 07 base, they can be modded and tuned. 07 is the only year base model that has tuning capabilities.

Could get a supercharger kit or turbo kit for it and see mod 200s with a good time reliably. Anything more would need some engine work

Premium Member
sweet ride - like the red trim on the wheels

a lot of people in the past knew that this car was going to have value because they did the maintenance

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update time again!

Lots done to the car since last time.
Installed an NRG Carbon Fiber wing a bit on the larger side - 69"
Car Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Also a 12" pioneer sub run by a 250w sony xsplode amp, and an aftermarket head unit.
Plant Car Gear shift Vehicle Radio
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Hood

Put some 245's all around on the wheels as you may have seen in my other thread.
245/40/17 95w XL, Vercelli Strada II
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Synthetic rubber

Installed an front splitter from VelocityAerowerks - made to order and specific to the redlines!
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive side marker light

Now you may be thinking - "Okay that's cool you did a bunch of cosmetic stuff, what about the engine???" I have fully addressed that now haha馃ぃ

I have installed the ZZP Stage 3 kit, with the 2.8" supercharger pulley, along with:
Siemens 60# Injectors
ZZP H/E
ZZP Dual pass Endplate
Option B Tank
ZZP High flow intercooler pump
ZZP 2.5" Long Tube Header and Downpipe
K&N Typhoon full cold air intake system
ZZP Rear sway bar
In the process of being remote tuned by ZZP through HPTuners - it takes a while!
But you can't beat 60$ for a tune.
Automotive tire Tire Hood Motor vehicle Wheel

Audio equipment Gas Auto part Musical instrument Automotive lighting

I had to replace the plastic elbows included in the stage 3 kit for the end tanks of the heat exchanger because they were leaking. :rolleyes: Some custom brass and heater hose shenanigans and it doesn't leak anymore! 馃帀
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Here is how the car sits today - this was at ZCon last month.

Registered
Where can I find a redline? I own an 07 ion quad coupe and i've been wanting to find a redline. but I can't find any here in KCMO. I might as well just mod my ion into a redline at this point lol
Look out of state and either drive it back or ship it. I just had a great 06 shipped from utah to new Hampshire. These are very rare cars, nit many made to start with and probily half lost to rust/accedents/poor moding.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts