Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 saturn ion redline and 2002 subaru impreza wagon
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to say hi i just saved a 04 ion redline from being scrapped it needs some work but ill get it back on the road soon.major needs are radiator and i was wondering if any i found on ebay will work or if there is something with it that would make it redline only and not sure if the trans is toast or if po didnt hook somethin up right was told a new clutch was put in it then it stopped going into gear cant feel anything from the shifter it moves but there is no gears to be found cable seems to be intact i will have to look at it more in the next coupe days was told by po that radiator and back bumper were both damaged when he had it towed its not the best looking right now but ill get it there in time but want to get it driving again motor fires right up with no noise or smoke thats one of the main reasons i got it any tips on wha to check as far as the trans goes would help lot and where i should look for a new or used radiator will also help.i wil upload some pics in the next few days

·
Super Moderator
1,614 Posts
Welcome!

Radiator shouldnt matter as long as its for an Ion.

As far as transmission and clutches on these cars.
The trans is a weak spot. And as far as the clutch goes, slave and clutch master are both prone to failure if the car is abused.

Do you have gears when the car is off? Or you just Cant find gears at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no gears at all shifter just flops around

·
Super Moderator
1,614 Posts
Almost sounds like the cables are shot.
Wait. Pull the boot up on the shifter and see of the clamp is still locked in

·
Registered
12 Posts
just wanted to say hi i just saved a 04 ion redline from being scrapped it needs some work but ill get it back on the road soon.major needs are radiator and i was wondering if any i found on ebay will work or if there is something with it that would make it redline only and not sure if the trans is toast or if po didnt hook somethin up right was told a new clutch was put in it then it stopped going into gear cant feel anything from the shifter it moves but there is no gears to be found cable seems to be intact i will have to look at it more in the next coupe days was told by po that radiator and back bumper were both damaged when he had it towed its not the best looking right now but ill get it there in time but want to get it driving again motor fires right up with no noise or smoke thats one of the main reasons i got it any tips on wha to check as far as the trans goes would help lot and where i should look for a new or used radiator will also help.i wil upload some pics in the next few days
Welcome.
Welcome. Are you in the Denver area? That's where I am (Littleton actually). It would really be great to get together with someone from this group. Mostly everyone else seems like they live on the east coast. Anyway I have an 06 RL with comp package. I don't have any mods on it yet, but everything works just fine on it. Such a fun car, you'll have so much fun when your trans is fixed. Look forward to chatting!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what are the odds im actuialy in littleton myself.i was pulling the radiator out to have it ready to install new one when it shows up and showing a friend the car he as looking at everything and found that it has a zzp 1.0 computer in it so now i wonder if it has anything else done.radiator should be here tomorrow so i plan to go put it in if it shows up

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice! That's so crazy. Yeah I got mine last year, and I don't know if it has either of the Gm packages, or anything else. I have had a chance to put it on the dyno yet, so I don't know the exact hp. But yeah, I'll get some more pics up so everyone can check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chahn89 any chance you would have time this week to meet for a couple min i need too look at another redline to make sure i put it back together right or see what i can do for heat exchanger since mine dont have one i was wondering if i could use a civic half radiator instead somehow since its cheaper than heat exchanger

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep I can usually meet up Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday evenings. Saturdays are usually good too. (Sundays I deliver). But yeah let's definitely meet up. I'd love to help you with your so I can learn mine better. My names Cory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts