Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new redline is starting to rattle around the back window area.Is anyone Redline doing the same thing.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Howsitgoing said:
It appears to be the rear deck. My dealer has pretty much refused to futher service my car.

Refused?

They can't refuse to service a car that is still under warranty, can they?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
they wont refuse a boot in the ass or a complaint to the customer service dept either you call that 1800 number and they will come to you to fix it and beg for your mercy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I already had a claim# for the trans and they said nothing could be done. I have taken the car in 3 times for the noisy transmission. I said I would be 100% satisfied with the car if there wasn't a noise. They said it's normal. They all do it. So I mentioned Lemon possibilities and the service manager looked like I slapped him in the face with my xxxx. So 2 of the 3 times they didn't attempt a repair it when the Lemon law states they have 3 attempts to repair it.
The next day I put in 3 more emails to Saturn Corp.
1st for incorrect hardware for the wing I ordered.
2nd for dents into the trunk lid under the OEM wing. 2 weeks prior the same service guy said that they happened when the OEM wing was installed. Now he won't touch it or look at it!
3rd was for the service dept at Saturn of Virginia Beach!

How can I like a car this much with these things wrong and a service dept like this?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't had any trouble.I called them about the rattle and they told me to bring it in any time it was covered.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Reply to: I haven't had any trouble.I called them about the rattle and they told me to bring it in any time it was covered.

I'm haveing the same problem. It comes and goes now as it pleases. They said that it's the latch that closes the back seats shut. They lubed it and it stopped for about 3 weeks and then it started back up. I'm thinking of putting some type of padding on the back of the seats to give it a little bit of pressure on the seat latches. Let's see what that does. Take it easy.

Rican ---> RL Owner

·
Registered
98 Posts
Howsitgoing said:
I already had a claim# for the trans and they said nothing could be done. I have taken the car in 3 times for the noisy transmission. I said I would be 100% satisfied with the car if there wasn't a noise. They said it's normal. They all do it. So I mentioned Lemon possibilities and the service manager looked like I slapped him in the face with my xxxx. So 2 of the 3 times they didn't attempt a repair it when the Lemon law states they have 3 attempts to repair it.
The next day I put in 3 more emails to Saturn Corp.
1st for incorrect hardware for the wing I ordered.
2nd for dents into the trunk lid under the OEM wing. 2 weeks prior the same service guy said that they happened when the OEM wing was installed. Now he won't touch it or look at it!
3rd was for the service dept at Saturn of Virginia Beach!

How can I like a car this much with these things wrong and a service dept like this?
I've gone through a few problems with my own RL. I've been in for a few things about 5 times. They Lemon Law applies when they have to fix the same thing 3 times. As if the supercharger breaks 3 times or your master cylinder breaks 3 times... It would've been nice to get a new car though :) Take it easy!

Rican -----> StreetSweeper

·
Registered
12 Posts
man i put dynomat for my headliner on the back deck to stop the problem then i noticed the rear window brake light rattled sometimes. but I put 2 12in woofers in the trunk

·
Registered
134 Posts
SatredL said:
Are there any painters here, I got a question, Is it possible to paint the side view mirrors body color?

Peace!!
YEP! look at my avitar, the mirrors used to be black, now body color. Until u said that i never noticed they were black!

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
paint

xtremelumina92 said:
YEP! look at my avitar, the mirrors used to be black, now body color. Until u said that i never noticed they were black!
First,dude did you see when I posted that? Better late than never. So anyways the paint guy told me because of the outside surface of the mirrors they could'nt be painted. What did you do to get yours paintable?

·
Registered
767 Posts
If you sand then down enough to make the plastic abrasive you shouldn't have a problem painting them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
SatredL said:
Should I use a primer first?
Yes primer it first, if you want the paint to stick and last. They make primers specifically for plastic pieces...

Tom

1 - 18 of 18 Posts