Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided I need new shoes for the car, I hate the dunlops plus one of mine has a major chunk out of it from what I have no clue I don't recall any time that I've hit any curbs. Anyway I was thinkin about the Falkens. SilverBullet had these on his SC2 and I loved them. Anyone recommend me a good sticky tire. I'm gonna need a small personal loan to put all new tires on but its needed heh.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-03's. It's a mouthfull, but oh my god they are BAD (good bad, not bad bad) tires!! I used them for ~20,000 (hard) miles, and they still had a bit of tread left when i blew the engine in my cavalier. I love those tires though, so sticky you can hear all sorts of small rocks hiting the underside of your car, and they are AMAZING in the rain. Probably the best tires i've ever used in the rain, and most definitely the best i've ever used on dry roads.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny I was just looking at those on tirerack. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
The BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 you will grab the ground no matter what!
Funny thing is you grab better in rain then on dry ground read the reviews! 41 of nothing but good news!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The only problem I have with the soft compound performance tires out there are that the tread life on them isn't very good. I'm fast approaching 20K on my Red Line and barely have any tread life on the rear tires, then again the boneheads at Saturn of Hurst forgot to rotate my tires when I'd bring my car in for service.......

·
Registered
808 Posts
TXRLU said:
The only problem I have with the soft compound performance tires out there are that the tread life on them isn't very good. I'm fast approaching 20K on my Red Line and barely have any tread life on the rear tires, then again the boneheads at Saturn of Hurst forgot to rotate my tires when I'd bring my car in for service.......
The front tires wear much faster than the rear,if your rear are worn sounds like they used to be in front

·
Registered
808 Posts
I also like the pole positions but man do they cost alot

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about Falken Aziens?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
linenoyz said:
BFG KDW2 or Goodyear F1 GS-D3.
Those BFG's, are those the same as on the SRT4? I hear those are supposed to be SUPER sticky....

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
can some one make one reply with all the good tires and their prices, and anyone that has used the tire can comment on them becuase i dont really have money for new tires now but gonna need new ones soon.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
well i sell tires all the time.

a list of tires i like:
sumitomo-htrz-2's
pirelli p-zero
michelan pilot sports
cooper zeos
wynstar exocet
yokohama parada
anything nitto (but they wear real fast)
toyo's (again they wear really fast)

·
Registered
103 Posts
dude i had 16x7 with nitto neogens they where awesome. i had them on for 5k in miles and they handeled great took a turn at 90mph(i don't recommend it) in the rain they where kinda shady but in dry you stuck lick a tick on a dog's back. soo yeah. theres my opion

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm thinking what I'll do is go to my old elementary school and steal the tires that they had on some merry-go-round thing. I never heard of those things having a blow out or anything.........:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
matt said:
They wear out really fast for a daily driven car. I vote for the BFG KDW2s.
Really? I've got 12,000 on mine and a few "spirited" driving events (including a school) and I still have plenty of tread. Great tire. The new Azenis RT615 is supposed to be even better.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts