Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my summer tires cuz they were getting pretty worn down, now Im looking into Continental ExtremeContact Sports. I am currently running stock rims, but I'm considering getting some 18x8 inch rims.

The rims I've been looking at are Fast Wheels FC04 in bronze. The offset is 40. Car is lowered 1.5 inches on SSC's .

I've looked into different tire widths from 225-245, according to tire rack 245/35/18 is only .54% larger than our stock wheel. Do you guys think these will work, or will it rub with the FC04 rims?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Sold my summer tires cuz they were getting pretty worn down, now Im looking into Continental ExtremeContact Sports. I am currently running stock rims, but I'm considering getting some 18x8 inch rims.

The rims I've been looking at are Fast Wheels FC04 in bronze. The offset is 40. Car is lowered 1.5 inches on SSC's .

I've looked into different tire widths from 225-245, according to tire rack 245/35/18 is only .54% larger than our stock wheel. Do you guys think these will work, or will it rub with the FC04 rims?
.54% is prolly height meaning your speedo should stay same. 245 is an inch wider than 225 so you need to compensate with wheel offset or spacers or you may rub the spring.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There goes the dream of being the Saturn with the biggest contact patch in town. With a 40 offset on an 18x 8 what's the widest you would suggest? Based on what I've read its mixed reviews about 235

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I'm not completely sure what the stock offset is. Today when I was researching threads I came across a few different numbers. The most common was 42.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to a shop yesterday and talked to them about rims and what my options were. We looked at 17x8+40, 18x8+40, and 18x9+30.
The guys took some measurements and figured that the 18×9+30 would fit, with minor poke. They also said that the metal seem inside the wheel well may need to be folded over, and worst case scenario they would heat/cut some of the black plastic inside the wheel well.
I've heard of people running 18×9, but my understanding is that a lot of them did the hub conversion. Is that just for extra wheel options, or does that in some way buy more clearance inside the wheel well.
Any insight on this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts