Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ouch!!!!

Ok, so my attempt at installing my 3.25 pulley went horribly wrong.... But its okay the way I see it is that I now have an excuse to buy a bigger blower. This being said....Does anyone know of a blower that can just bolt right on? Could I use a M92??? Or will the computer just flat out not recognize it? If anyone knows anything let me know. I have about 3-4k to spend... And Im sure you all know this, but never attempt an install without the proper tools...When it works its cool, but when it doesnt it can really F### you over....Peace!!!

Scott

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ummm, yeah. That is pretty much how it always is, work with the right tools. Sorry you had to learn that one something so big and expensive as a supercharger. What did you do exactly?

Tom

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys,

Is a long but short story.... (Dont think that made any sense, but oh well). So I had the correct pulley puller to remove the pulle, but what happened is I didnt realize the puller didnt work as a pusher as well. Stupid me always overlooking the little things.. Anyways.. So we get the pulley off(Not before totally damaging the thread on the shaft, due to using a wrong size bolt) And then start to put the DUB unit on and then realized that we didnt have the pusher.. Soooooo My brother being the "Mechanic" in the family, gets the idea to use some anti seize and a hammer to see if we can hammer it on gently...Anyways we got it partially on about half inch from where it needs to be touching the SC, and it doesnt budge... So then we say screw it its not working and try to remove it the same way we put it on and Im pretty sure the shaft was moving more then the DUB unit.. Its not for certain yet, but Im sure the SC has gotta be jacked, because the shaft isnt supposed to slide back and forth is it? And thats it... Im gonna see if it can be salvaged, but if not I have the money to go big.. But Im not sure what blowers I can use.. yea so sorry about any grammer issues on this post. I am a bit upset..

Scott

·
Registered
762 Posts
Get a whipple twin screw. Its been talked about tons of times before just no ones done it yet.....its a direct bolt on replacement.....DO IT!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
D3XXFR said:
Get a whipple twin screw. Its been talked about tons of times before just no ones done it yet.....its a direct bolt on replacement.....DO IT!

Hmmmmm! I think this might work!!!! Where can I find one?

Scott

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes Do It! Mustang owners have been doing this for quite some time. Using the whipple at the same 13psi their Eaton puts out, they see 70+whp gains! I've been waiting for someone to do this...

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'll sell you my stock Eaton so I can buy a whipple ;)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
The lysholm 1200ax would be a good fit for the car or you could step up to 1600AX. You might need an adapter plate for either one to fit 100%. You also need the correct sized snout and to purchase a bypass valve for it. You would need to make an adapter plate to mount the TB and would have to figure out what to do with the MAP sensor ontop of the stock eaton.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I want to see this happen & I want to see insane horsepower #s. Has anyone contacted Whipple to see if they plan on a kit for the RL?

·
Registered
629 Posts
i just emailed them to evreyone email them so we can get stuff made ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
no whipple

i talked with whipple today and they told me there no charger for our car .. and no mods can be done with there charger to make it work .. i will be more than happy to foward the email that they sent me after your phone calls

1 - 20 of 34 Posts