Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer told us today that there is a new TSB on the setbelt's so it looks like Saturn is aware of the problem. We finally got ours in to have them replaced today.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
on the 04 and 05 or just on the 05???

·
Registered
5 Posts
We had our '04 in to have the service dept. look at the seatbelts. They replaced, supposedly,the passenger side seatbelt. It is still doing the lockup bit though. They told us it is operating normally. Hard to imagine that as it puts the strangle hold on my wife.

Hopefully this new TSB will address the issue. Do you have the TSB # by chance?

Brian

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nevermind, I don't think our service person knew what she was talking about. We went in to get the seatbelt fixed and all they did was replace our missing engine cover. That was a wierd breakdown in communication. Anyways, we made sure they ordered a new one for us.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
slt said:
Nevermind, I don't think our service person knew what she was talking about. We went in to get the seatbelt fixed and all they did was replace our missing engine cover. That was a wierd breakdown in communication. Anyways, we made sure they ordered a new one for us.

Thats funny because I brought my car in for a hesitation and the misfire. They replaced the driver passenger door panel and called me to get my car. I drive up there and look at the sheet for the services done I was like huh? They screwed my car up with a blue ion2. I was like mines the silver Redline? She laughed because with the blue car they couldnt find any engine codes.

·
Registered
683 Posts
goofyguy said:
Thats funny because I brought my car in for a hesitation and the misfire. They replaced the driver passenger door panel and called me to get my car. I drive up there and look at the sheet for the services done I was like huh? They screwed my car up with a blue ion2. I was like mines the silver Redline? She laughed because with the blue car they couldnt find any engine codes.
OMG. That is great, did they at least match the color of the interior, or did they put a tan one in there??

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
its was the right color. I kept the panel too. Bastards I didnt need it but I wasnt about to let them have it back.

And my pass side belt has put a death grip on my friends before. Its funny to me. Yrethguad knows the awsome power of the Force.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
My seatbelts locks easily, but only when braking or accel, or turning pretty hard. Sometimes it locks REAL fast braking, I think it's a good thing. Never had it lock and not release though... once I take the pressure of it, it pops loose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts