Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kit told me to come over here a while ago...just got around to joining. I'm a Ford boy, but my first car was a 77 Buick LeSabre with a SBC 350. "The whale that set sail" with two sofa seats retired about five years ago. :D

Currently own an 03 Cobra that runs pretty good, when it isn't on jackstands. ;)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Ahhh... superchargers... is there anything like 'em?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MrCleanY0 said:
Welcome aboard. Nice Vid, BTW, what did you run there?
[email protected]

I took it to the track last night for a logging session. Turns out I have a problem in the fuel tank, the fuel pressure is way below what it should be. The EEC commands 60 psi, and the fuel rail pressure sensor (FRPS) reads 19psi. :eek: The pump driver is working like mad to ramp up the pressure, but I imagine one of the two SVT Focus pumps I has a problem. Has to be a loose wiring connection, problem with a hose, or a failed pump altogether.

Anyway...BS aside...I am hoping for 10.2-10.5 @ 130+ after I correct the problem in the tank, then it's nitrous time. ;)

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
God damn I love the sound of cobra's. Its like a lesser cousin of the NHRA sounds. Now, I command thee to flip your car.....lol. I have always wanted to see some heavy street car flip itself off a launch, not some light weight race car, but a true street car with a roll cage to add weight. Oh and nice car!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Outta curiosity, what can you run on regular street tires?

I'd love to see the look on some 911 Turbo or GT2 owner's face as you show them your taillights :D

Nice car! I love Mustangs, just can't afford the insurance right now. RL soon in my garage.

--Jon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It pulled a 1.67 60' time on a shutdown pass at World Ford Challenge in STL on 17" wheels and all weather street tires. It went [email protected] I've raced a local black TT 911 from a roll. I know I have the stock ones covered. :cool:

Hey now, it's about to go up on some stands again! LOL!! Just for tonight though, putting the stock Cobra pumps back in with a boost a pump. That should be good for a while, I am working on a new idea for the Ford returnless fuel systems that should support a sizeable increase in volume. ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
He cuz, I havent seen that race before is that the run you fuel shoots craps on ya and he wins by a [email protected]@y hair?:) Nice vid, He post up some of the crazy crash vids and good races you have a shit load of them to share with us.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts