Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm sorry, it's a nice car, but how do you call it a production car? They took used Skylines, and rebuilt them into monsters... that hardly seems like a production car. Lingenfelter sells a Corvette, that you can order through any Chevy dealer affiliated with the shop, and get a brand new, twin-turbo Corvette that at last test was well over 700hp, and did over 200mph out of the box, and you get it all for $20,000 less than that car right there... It's one thing to order a car and call it production, but to take a two year old car and rebuild it, that's not a production car to me...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sp00ner said:
I'm sorry, it's a nice car, but how do you call it a production car? They took used Skylines, and rebuilt them into monsters... that hardly seems like a production car. Lingenfelter sells a Corvette, that you can order through any Chevy dealer affiliated with the shop, and get a brand new, twin-turbo Corvette that at last test was well over 700hp, and did over 200mph out of the box, and you get it all for $20,000 less than that car right there... It's one thing to order a car and call it production, but to take a two year old car and rebuild it, that's not a production car to me...
Good point, I just finish reading the article, a grand total of 20 ain't exactly qualifying for production. It's not as if I will be buying one anyway.

Edit: Pretty good bang for the buck though.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I sure as hell wouldn't turn it away if someone handed the keys to me...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i would do some VERY bad things for one of those, if only for exclusivity

·
Registered
104 Posts
I read that article in their mag a month or so ago. Killer car and personnally I've always liked the Skylines especially the R34's, but $170k might as well be a million to me. I'm just a working class stiff with a car fetish. A company up in LA somewhere called Motorex (or something like that) brings Skylines to the US, makes them street legal, and will sell you a used, about 30k miles, R34 for about $100k. They have a website that you can see what they have for sale. R32's sell for around 30-40k.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
The Skyline has got to be one of the most over hyped cars out there. What do they run, somewhere in the 13's stock right? There's plently of better cars out there. The Z tune is nice, but not $170K nice.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
There's alot more to that car than the 1/4 mile time. It also ran a 24 hour even at the N-ring and won. That's not easy. You can't just be fast there, you have to be fast through the twistes, up and downhill, etc. The track is meant to break cars, and it does so alot. It's also meant to be one of the most difficult to drive courses anywhere, long straightaways end downhill with a turn, and then back uphill with a hard, blind turn at the top. It's like judging a Corvette based on it's quarter mile time, or a Ferrari.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Oh yea, no doubt, but you can also buy a Camaro, dump in a grand and be smoking stock Vettes in the 1/4. Put that same stock Vette, and the same Camaro on a road course, and it's much different. That's all I'm saying. People here tend to judge everything based on it's 1/4 mile time. I don't even like Skylines much, there a 'neat' car, but it's not Vette!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts