Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor trend has a new article about "The five coolest performance cars under $30K", of course, Red Line is not included. They road tested Dodge SRT-4, Ford Mustang GT, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS, Nissan 350Z Enthusiast, and Volkswagen R32. Check it out at

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0501_bang/

Interestingly enough, Saturn ads are plastered all over this article, at least for now.

Maybe one day they will do The # coolest performance cars under $21K, then we will have to be part of it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The funny thing is all those cars but the SRT-4 and the GT are all over 30k if you want any options.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Well, what do you expect.

MotorTrend and other mags have their head up their ass.

No biggie though. Like I've said many times before, I like having people think my car is a "slow ass Saturn".

·
Registered
532 Posts
JPK said:
Well, what do you expect.

MotorTrend and other mags have their head up their ass.

No biggie though. Like I've said many times before, I like having people think my car is a "slow ass Saturn".
Car and Driver is the only one I've found to be "faithful" to the Red Line.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
come on, i know y'all love your cars, but it said the five COOLEST, not the five FUNNEST. i'd rather drive a redline than a couple of those cars on the list, but it will still be a little while before any saturn has the "cool factor" of a mustang. that's what YOU are here for. developing the saturn "cool factor."
tony

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
macncheese said:
come on, i know y'all love your cars, but it said the five COOLEST, not the five FUNNEST.
Good point, as much as I love my RL, I don't always feel "cool" tooling around in it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
macncheese said:
come on, i know y'all love your cars, but it said the five COOLEST, not the five FUNNEST. i'd rather drive a redline than a couple of those cars on the list, but it will still be a little while before any saturn has the "cool factor" of a mustang. that's what YOU are here for. developing the saturn "cool factor."
tony
I'm pretty sure they could have found something 'cooler' than a Neon too, but it's there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
541 Posts
The whole reason I bought the RL instead of the SRT-4 was the Neon "Hi" thing....C'mon, SRTs are wicked fast, but (As my dad so eloquoently put it) "They are still Neons"....I'm sorry, I think my saturn is waaaayyy cooler than the SRT-4s. Besides, what is cooler than blowing the doors of a car and having them say, "It's a Saturn?" Long live the Sleeper!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
a few years ago, i'd have agreed with the neon statements, but since then, the srt-4 has, if nothing else, made an impact and distinguished itself among front wheel drive performance vehicles. give it a few more years, and the redline just might be cool, too.
tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts