Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To preface I recently replaced the clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing. I did so out of the vehicle through the pains of dropping the entire engine and transmission (also did timing chain and some extras to justify the process). My Redline was originally showing the signs of a shot throw out bearing not wanting to go into gear ect. However I never had grinding or issues with reverse before; save occasionally having to put it in a forward gear and then reverse.

Well I finally finished the project have it all back together and reverse no longer exists. Won’t even grind into position and trying to put it in reverse is like trying to move a concrete slab with a wet noodle (i.e. doesn’t budge) So I’m looking for advice and hoping someone might alleviate my fear of the reverse synchro being the issue.

It’s an 05 Redline, fidanza flywheel, GMPP clutch upgrade, with OTTP short shifter and cable clamps, as well as their braided line for extra information on the setup. Also all forward gears seem to be fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
Shifter not adjusted properly?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts