Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to look at some 04 RL's yesterday and the dealer is still asking full sticker price for last years model. They said it would be 370 a month for it (5 years). I said thats way to much...then they said they could do 325 a month for 6 years. Still too much for an 04. Funny thing is they called me at home and said they could get me in a ION coupe 3 for 242....I told them that I want a RL not a ION 3...
They said they will see what they can do.
Not a big deal because I am still under warrenty on my car now...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
tstmonkey said:
Went to look at some 04 RL's yesterday and the dealer is still asking full sticker price for last years model. They said it would be 370 a month for it (5 years). I said thats way to much...then they said they could do 325 a month for 6 years. Still too much for an 04. Funny thing is they called me at home and said they could get me in a ION coupe 3 for 242....I told them flat out that I want a RL not a ION 3...
check here and ask about dealer cash paid on the RL, they're very helpfull!

the dealer probobly doens't want to give much up on it, but they've been paid off on the '04s and likely aren't telling you, the guys on the above quoted thread are helpfull and can tell you what a fair asking price is on the car you're looking at

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
tstmonkey said:
Went to look at some 04 RL's yesterday and the dealer is still asking full sticker price for last years model. They said it would be 370 a month for it (5 years). I said thats way to much...then they said they could do 325 a month for 6 years. Still too much for an 04. Funny thing is they called me at home and said they could get me in a ION coupe 3 for 242....I told them flat out that I want a RL not a ION 3...
Wait, I though you had a Redline already? Are you getting a new one or exchanging yours for one? Maybe I have you confused with someone who's nick is similar. Where are you at? I paid $18,000 for my '05 here in Chicago, ya know, saving a few grand can be worth a long drive! Beat the hell outta those guys at the dealership. What is the sticker on there? $370 a month is only $22,000 after tax, tag, title and financing.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not have a RL yet. I have been looking at them for a while....and No not 370 on 22,000...370 on 18,000 with 5.9% financing. Thinking of having the wife sign with me to get a better rate.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yea I'm actually getting SCREWED in pecentage 18% haha but I'm refinancing in a few weeks hopefully. Also my payment is 480 I wish my payment was 300 something. But if you can't afford it that sucks. Anyway good luck good things do happen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got a quote of $418/month for 6 years on a base R/L. That is in Canadian dollars though. That works out to be $335 USD. This price included buying back the last 6 months on my present lease.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
D3XXFR said:
Yea I'm actually getting SCREWED in pecentage 18% haha but I'm refinancing in a few weeks hopefully. Also my payment is 480 I wish my payment was 300 something. But if you can't afford it that sucks. Anyway good luck good things do happen.
brother I'm with you I pay $470 w/17% and everyone told me that I married that car. Rock on I can practice monogomy with my RL

·
Registered
681 Posts
Saturn DOESN'T negotiate off sticker - that's life. Period.

They do, however, offer "trade assistance", not using the word "rebate" 0 mine was $5250 with two flex cash vouchers.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
They most certainly do go off-sticker. They might tell you that they don't but that's crap. Or, they hide money-off offers and apply them as needed. My car had a sticker of $23,495, when I went home after telling them that I had to think about it cause I could get a Mustang for $2000 more, the sales guy was on the phone and the discount went from $1500 to almost $6,000. I'm not calling you a liar or no crap like that, but there was no advertised $6,000 discount for the Redline that I ever saw.

Now that I look at you post with both eyes working, I guess that's what you're really saying. But come-on, $5-6000 off the price of a car is negotiating to me!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
681 Posts
I understand what you're saying, but they still won't discount the price (as in change it), they'll just add on flex vouchers and rebates until they get where they need to be - still goes against Saturn's original one-price idea, since you paid a different price than I did - makes it just like buying any other car.

Add to that lack of Saturn experience the ******* who is service manager at Saturn of Doylestown (PA), and the whole Saturn notion might as well be a Kia or Dodge...so much for a warm, fuzzy feeling...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Purchased our RL last saturday, $3,000.00 rebate on the 04 plus about 3500.00 over allowance on the trade 02 L300. 5.9% @ 60 mon We're happy campers with the price. Just have to work them, and know your car's value when you go in. If they made a bunch fine, good deal is a state of mind anyhow. Just hope we made the right choice, after seeing some of your problems. Oh well that's what warranties are for...........C-ya :)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Call your bank get a check and come get mine.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I pay 380/month for 6 years at 5.49% on mine. I had to finance MSRP b/c they only gave me 6k for my Durango and I still owed 10.5k on it. But I was able to get $4500 in rebates so that evened out the trade deficit for me.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
for reasons out of my control its gotta go. I dont want to get rid of though just part ways to a owner who can use it longer than I can.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts