Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else experiancing squeky brakes? and is this a warranty covered repair or not because its considered normal wear and tear??

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Steviepc7 said:
anyone else experiancing squeky brakes? and is this a warranty covered repair or not because its considered normal wear and tear??
mine was very squeaky, turned out to be some rust on the rotors, they fixed it for free.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
In my experience, if you do a decent amount of hard braking, you tend to develop squeeks well before the brakes are worn. I would assume it has something to the with some mild glazing of the rotors or something. I'm not quite sure what your squeaking is like, but I have some very mild and light squeeks that pop up once in a while. Most times it wont even do it again when I'm listening.

Normally brake pads are NOT covered by warranty, since you can destroy them in a pretty short amount of time.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Yeah I had some problems w/ the front & back brakes. From 60ish the backs would thump & the fronts would wobble the steering wheel (did'nt have both problems @the same time) But everything was covered,they put on new rotors on the rear & resurfaced the fronts. Stevie talk to Cindy in the service dept., she can probably help you out.

·
I
7,838 Posts
Mine seem to grind a bit when I first drive it in the morning. Not very noticeable but i do notice it. I never had it happen on another car, it's in the dealership for a few things right now. I just hope that they hear what i was talking about.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea! I hear that too some mornings... always goes away by the time I drive a block down the street or so.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yesterday I had the windows rolled down and I noticed that the brakes were squeaking. I've never heard them do this before so I dunno. But, the stopping power and stuff is all the same, so maybe it just squeaked for some reason and that's it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
my brake pedal squeaks, but not the brakes themselves, and i've hauled my ass down from 120 to 70 quickly, plenty of times

·
Registered
703 Posts
I get the squeal as I'm coming to a stop. Also from time to time I would get a squeak in the left front just driving, it would only go away if I turned the wheel to the right real quick, like I was taking pressure off of it or just shaking the squeak off.

Of course the techs tell they hear nothing...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I had my rotors machined 2 times since I've had the vehicle. Initially it was squeaking that I'd hear but then the steering wheel would shake. The third time I took the vehicle in they went ahead and replaced the rotors because they had already machined them down as far as they were allowed to. Haven't had any issues with the brakes in the 2 weeks I've had the car back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts