Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
just be aware i sold these for a year and they are most definatly not a very reliable bulb. we had so many returns on them blowing out or melting harness' we stopped carrying them. please keep your eye on you 9007 plugs, gm and ford's were the most prone to the pluge melting down to total mush, next was nissan's. if these are higher than 55 watts please do yourself a favor and either buy a high output light harness ot take power directly from the battery through 30 amp bosch style relays. this will ensure they will not melt down. i agree they look good not as good as the real deal but nokya's look very good compared to most other brands.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Blue N Boosted said:
How did you get the fog lights and boost guage if you have the non-competition package rims, and on car domain it says you have an '04 redline??
Thats what I'm wondering? You have an '04 with the comp. pak.? I see the interior has the accents around the air vents that are on the '05 ions, you don't have the comp. pak. wheels, but do have the lights and gauge. Did you add those parts on to an '04?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Looks like the first one got totalled in some wreck or something, right?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
He has a 2005 with the Comp Package but he traded the comp package wheels for the regular wheels.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
rlinbatonrouge said:
Looks like the first one got totalled in some wreck or something, right?
Is the the one that wrecked it, or was his the one that caught on fire? Remember those pics?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The first few pics are of my 04 Red Line which was lost to a fire. I now have an 05 Competition Red Line with a wheel swap. If anyone wants to see pics of the black Red Line that got my rims, or very detailed pics of my burnt 04, let me know.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zfactor said:
just be aware i sold these for a year and they are most definatly not a very reliable bulb. we had so many returns on them blowing out or melting harness' we stopped carrying them. please keep your eye on you 9007 plugs, gm and ford's were the most prone to the pluge melting down to total mush, next was nissan's. if these are higher than 55 watts please do yourself a favor and either buy a high output light harness ot take power directly from the battery through 30 amp bosch style relays. this will ensure they will not melt down. i agree they look good not as good as the real deal but nokya's look very good compared to most other brands.
I've heard about the possible problems with the harnesses, and thank you for sharing about your experience with these bulbs. If you could please tell me where i can get the relays you speak of i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
any auto parts store just ask for 2 "bosch style" either 4 or 5 prong either will work 30 amp relays. prob like 10 bucks each or so from a parts store or get em online there more like 2-3$. if you want a wiring diagram let me know

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
RedLined said:
The first few pics are of my 04 Red Line which was lost to a fire. I now have an 05 Competition Red Line with a wheel swap. If anyone wants to see pics of the black Red Line that got my rims, or very detailed pics of my burnt 04, let me know.
I'm letting you know, I want to see pics. :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll post them tomorrow before i go to work. BTW which ones, the pics of my burnt 04 or the black Red Line that got my Competition rims?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
max_boost said:
I want to see (and hear the story behind) the burnt RL.
I can't tell you the story, for legal reasons, but lets just say it had to do with the engine getting really hot. The thread for the backwards wiring on the intercooler pump had not been started yet, but i'm not saying that was what caused the fire.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
RedLined said:
I'll post them tomorrow before i go to work. BTW which ones, the pics of my burnt 04 or the black Red Line that got my Competition rims?
Pics of both please if you wouldn't mind.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just added pics of the black Red Line with the competition rims to my cardomain page here's the link:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/746129/6
I'll have to post the pics of the burnt Red Line tomorrow since i forgot the cd at home. Sorry guys. :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts