Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am fairly new to the IRL scene. i just purchased an 05 IRL. it has ZZP mods and tune. from what the owner tells me it has 60# inj, 3.0 and 2.8 pulley, heat exchanger and a full exhaust(w/cat delete). he put the 3.0 pulley on for the winter but i think its tuned for the 2.8 normally. my Qs are, whats a good muffler that produces a low growl note rather than the magnaflow thats on there now that is a mutch higher note and i seem to have a slight idle issue. after warm up it seems to want to idle up and down slightly. i know there is a code about the O2 heater malfunction. could that cause the concern or could it be that i have a larger pulley for the given tune. any help would be great

·
Registered
980 Posts
The 60s will cause idle issues if the tune isnt dialed in. My exhaust got deeper when I changed out the header and downpipe. Idk what header and downpipe you have on there.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
With the 3.0 on a 2.8 tune in winter you are prolly runnin rich wich is fine till summer prolly. Runnin lots rich might make her idle odd along with the 60s idle issues. You could try cleaning the TB and MAF with TB and MAF cleaner to see if that helps idle as well. I clean mine every spring.

Most seem to say Borla for muffler.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Shouldnt be running rich just from the pulley change, the air is metered, so it's adjusting. Unless the injector map is off. Probably more likely to be a dirty throttle body or MAF. Is the O2 code from the front? I'd assume it's the rear with a cat delete, but if the front O2 is off, that could obviously cause idle issues.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
Running a bigger pulley than what it is tuned for is fine. All it does is produce less boost, putting you higher up inthe timing table. When it gets cold, air is denser and makes more boost, putting you backup to where you were with the smaller pulley.
Anyway, did you get the car from someone on here?

If you want a deep sounding muffler, it needs to be big, straight throughor similar,and lots of packing. I recommend flowmaster DBX.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Running a smaller pulley than what it is tuned for is fine. All it does is produce less boost, putting you higher up inthe timing table. When it gets cold, air is denser and makes more boost, putting you backup to where you we with the bigger pulley.
Anyway, did you get the car from someone on here?

If you want a deep sounding muffler, it needs to be big, straight throughor similar,and lots of packing. I recommend flowmaster DBX.
I think you have that ass backwards. Smaller pulley = more boost bigger pulley = less boost.

OP where are you located. I troll here to see if my old car ever pops up.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
^^^^ duh on my part lol. Brain fart.
Fixed it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info. im located just outside of detroit. i bought the car from here but it origionally came from OH somewhere. ill try the maf and tb cleaner

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
Did you but it from shroogis? He just sold a black 05 by detroit. If so, it has a stainless works on it.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
Ok. You have the clear image header and dp i believe. As well as my awesome optB tank ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts