Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently thinking about buying a new redline. I have been checking out an SRT4 but I am not crazy about how it looks. I also was also not impressed with its speed.
I am looking for a new car that I can drive everyday and occasionally take to the track and have some fun with it. I already have a fast car that I built, that is why the neon did not seem fast, so I am looking for a fast stock car. I am tired of fixing cars on a regular basis. So I think the redline might be right for me.
I have a couple of questions: What kind of 1/4 mile times can I expect stock and what performance modification are available for it.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Well, if you want something FAST, the SRT is faster in every straight line respect. However, the Saturn is definitely more refined. The SRT is much more modifiable - we're still waiting on any and all major modifications for our cars; right now as far as performance additions, you can probably bet on a CAI and an exhaust being your only choices. We're still waiting on the upgraded boost kit. As far as the stock 1/4 times, car magazines are saying 14.7 IIRC, which is about what most folks on here have been able to eke out.

Good luck, you've found a good resource; browse through the other topics, and you're sure to find all sorts of info.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
So far I have I think everything out for the Redline and have to say the future is Very Bright. In a few months there will be parts available from PsiFi like a higher pulley setup and a turbo kit for +20psi. South Florida Pulley has pulleys out already. K&N has intake kits and Weapon R have a intake and exhaust coming very soon. There are some wheel and tire selections out as well. With the 05 comp package coming out we will get our hands on a LSD and other parts like FOGs.

Stock anywhere in the 14's if your a good driver. Im more than confident mine will squeak out some high 13's with all the crap I have. Stock to stock the SRT-4 is slightly faster but its only time when we get some aftermarket parts. That and I like the look of the Redline over the SRT.

And remeber Saturns dont dent.

and as always my shameless plug. Mines for sale.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
And remeber Saturns dont dent.

they will soon if gm has thier way!!
why are you selling goofy????

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
USMC calls have till december to sell

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just test drove and looked at the redline again. I like it but I think I can get the srt4 cheaper. I also found a couple of new 04 srt4s that I could probably get for dirt cheap. I am going to check them out this weekend and probably will end up buying one.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Wow, if you can get the SRT cheaper, let us know. I think it would be a first! My new '05 was less than $19,000...

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Ditto about the SRT-4. The cheapest I've seen around here are a few used ones on autotrader.com in the $16k-$19k range, with anywhere from 10k miles to 30k miles. There are a number of new '04 Redlines in the $16k-$17k range. I don't think Dodge has had problems off loading the SRT-4s :eek: If I came across a new SRT-4 south of $20k, I might be interested...but alas!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I bought a new 2004 srt4 with a sunroof for 18,500. the 04 and 05 are the same except the 04 gets the 7/70 warranty and the 05 gets 3/36.
He has a blue one left if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
where are you loacated?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rochester, ny.

The dealership is located in Syracuse NY.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
kazkillinger said:
goofy u bendict arnold!
Hey, if I found a SRT-4 for that price...$1.5 grand more than an '04 Redline, I think I'd go for it :rolleyes: I like the styling of the RL over the Skittle, but for that price...the sheer fun of all that torque might win out ;)

I checked around my area on the dodge dealerships. Doesn't look like any '04s available...all '05s, north of $21k in price. Even one ACR prepped for $23k.

I'll (hopefully) stick with the $17k 04 RL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SLSduke82 said:
Hey, if I found a SRT-4 for that price...$1.5 grand more than an '04 Redline, I think I'd go for it :rolleyes: I like the styling of the RL over the Skittle, but for that price...the sheer fun of all that torque might win out ;)

I checked around my area on the dodge dealerships. Doesn't look like any '04s available...all '05s, north of $21k in price. Even one ACR prepped for $23k.

I'll (hopefully) stick with the $17k 04 RL

I was able to find 04 str4s but not 04 redlines. So for me the srt4 was 2k cheaper.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
slasky said:
I bought a new 2004 srt4 with a sunroof for 18,500. the 04 and 05 are the same except the 04 gets the 7/70 warranty and the 05 gets 3/36.
He has a blue one left if anyone is interested.
That's an ok deal. Why is Dodge cutting their warranty period in half? That's retarded of them. I'd take the 04 over the 05 too just for that reason alone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
matt said:
That's an ok deal. Why is Dodge cutting their warranty period in half? That's retarded of them. I'd take the 04 over the 05 too just for that reason alone.

Dodge gave all the srt vehicles 3/36 for 05. For 06 all chrysler vehicles will only have 3/36. I guess it is just Diamler trying to save some $.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
kazkillinger said:
goofy u bendict arnold!
not for me there tough guy. Im trying to sell my car so I can leave. I dont want it but I know fiends who would like a srt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just an update if anyone even cares. I bought a new v6 saturn vue for my wife. It will also do duty as my tow vehicle for my shelby charger. So this would be our third saturn that we have owned. Currently we have the Vue, srt4, 1985 shelby charger, 1984 dodge daytona turbo, and a lumina apv that we don't need anymore since we have the vue.
My shelby charger did a best of 12.44 @112 last year with a slipping clutch @ 21 psi of boost. I put in a 4 puck ceramic race clutch and upped the boost to 27 psi and the clutch is holding. So as soon as the track opens up I should be good for 11s.
I guess I got what I paid for with the srt 4. I does 13.9 100% bone stock. However, it has been the most unreliable new car I have ever owned. That is why we just bought a saturn instead of a dodge.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts