Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about a 50 shot dry on our cars ???
Thinking about doing it so please those that know much anout nitrous please fill me in . .

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
ive always been too afraid to use nos ........ that stuff IMO is like playing with anthrax :p

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Bad call. From my research I have found that wet is the way to go with boosted applications.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
theres alot of topics about this, and everyone has mixed emotions on it. I know that there are a couple ppl on the boards that have played with nos, but no1 can predict the wear and tear it will put on ur car in the long run. Apparently the nos will wear down the gears in the SC very easily but im not sure. I would love to try it too, but its winter now and that means i can even go past like 3000 rpms lol let alone nos.

·
Registered
93 Posts
nos is all good.. best price for power.. but a wet shot is much safer than a dry shot anyone will tell you that.. your adding the needed amount of fuel with the correct amount of juice.. zex is the most user freindly

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
dont forget venom its alot safer than even zex, at least the vcn2000 is.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im not sure really cuz from what i hear a 50 shot dry is alright since its a small shot. They told me that if i wanted to go higher id defineatly have to switch to wet to be safe. . .

·
Registered
93 Posts
trues a 50 shot is better than a 75 shot.. but a 50 wet is better than a 50 dry.. zex is EASY to install to.. venom is vehicle specific.. its the kit for the gizmo gadget crowds

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Get_Sum said:
well im not sure really cuz from what i hear a 50 shot dry is alright since its a small shot. They told me that if i wanted to go higher id defineatly have to switch to wet to be safe. . .
if you add nitrous, you need to add fuel in some manner. doesn't matter what size the shot is.

I had mentioned fuel puddling back a ways with the intake manifold you guys have, but after much research I pushed myself to do thanks to Sp00ner's suggestion I'm not so concerned. I still woudln't go higher than a 75 shot at least for now.

Boosted ion said:
trues a 50 shot is better than a 75 shot.. but a 50 wet is better than a 50 dry.. zex is EASY to install to.. venom is vehicle specific.. its the kit for the gizmo gadget crowds
haha well put. I really can't see the justification for spending that much on the Venom unit. Yes it works good and all, but you can buy an NX or N.O.S. unit and a Nitrous controller to do just about the same thing. Then again, with the investment used on that interface, it would somewhat explain it.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Schizzo97SC2 said:
I had mentioned fuel puddling back a ways with the intake manifold you guys have, but after much research I pushed myself to do thanks to Sp00ner's suggestion I'm not so concerned. I still woudln't go higher than a 75 shot at least for now.

and that is?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
ptparker said:
and that is?
and what is?

the design of the intercooler/intake manifold was far different then I had originally thought or was explained to be, and it did not seem so much that fuel would get caught up in there as I had anticipated. I thought that was the obvious point of my statement.:p

also, I am only referring to a wet shot. I don't see it worth the risk in running a dry shot on this or many of the newer engines.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi my name is tc and i drive a red cobalt ss ..i was reading the thread and i have seen this blue thing around ..i heard his quick...i wanna run him im the kendall region and by the way thats a baby shot 50 ....is for little kids .....i got a pro charger custom kit and got a 100 shot ...im calling out the blue saturn bring it ....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
ok no offense but all venom products suck ass and thier tech support does also i stopped selling anything venom period as well as python injection pure garbage...... their "custom" injectors are a complete joke after benching and installing numerous "matched" sets some were as much as 150cc off from one another in the higher cc sets.... junk. i sent a set to rc engineering and they called me literally laughing after testing them......

anyway.. i have sitting here staring at me a full wet nos brand kit ill be doing a full install on soon enough im molding the bottle into the fiberglass in the trunk so it may be a few weeks to a month or so but ill let you know the results as i go and give a full how to install it..... i will be soon producing the aluminum plates for the redline to directly inject the nitrous after the s/c... it will be some time but hopefully after christmas they will be ready they are in machine now.... now with the twin kit going on my car it really doesnt look like i need the nos kit but ill do it anyway.... just for the shit of it...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
^^^ hahaha you said it not me, I was trying to be nice, but it's not the first I have heard this.

good luck with that install Z, can't wait to see it. I might be interested in one of those plates too (not for my car obviously) whenever you get them done.

·
Registered
99 Posts
In reference to .... boostedredss .... "hi my name is tc and i drive a red cobalt ss ..i was reading the thread and i have seen this blue thing around ..i heard his quick...i wanna run him im the kendall region and by the way thats a baby shot 50 ....is for little kids .....i got a pro charger custom kit and got a 100 shot ...im calling out the blue saturn bring it ...."

I have a 75 wet shot by NX in my RL and a 75 wet shot by NOS in my truck. I had a 75 wet shot by NOS in my former 90 Thunderbird SC for 9 years (bought the car new). I'm just curious as how you have your 100 shot installed, what kit did you use, what plug heat range you use, what your fuel pressure is for the 100 shot, what are your jet sizes, and especially what safety precautions you have installed for your 100 shot system? Please let us know for everyones info. I, for one, am interested.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Is he stating that he removed his Eaton for a Procharger? Or is he saying it's a Procharger N20 kit?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Is he stating that he removed his Eaton for a Procharger? Or is he saying it's a Procharger N20 kit?
He had to remove his eaton to fit an LS2 under the hood of his cobalt...

Sorry, had to say it.. :D

If you are not shitting us, please speak up, because you are at least describing a sweet setup.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.