Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought about this upgrade?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
It's nitrous and it has been discussed.

Basically, it will wear down the teflon coating on the Blades in the blower if sprayed before the blower. And after a while it will destroy the intercooler coils. But, if you are not worried about that go for it and post results. :D

Also you are the one I met at Quizno's right?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Aeain said:
It's nitrous and it has been discussed.

Basically, it will wear down the teflon coating on the Blades in the blower if sprayed before the blower. And after a while it will destroy the intercooler coils. But, if you are not worried about that go for it and post results. :D

Also you are the one I met at Quizno's right?

DO NOT USE A DRY SHOT ON A SUPERCHARGER.
Use a wetshot and you will be fine. The wetshot goes thur the fuel rail. Then you don't have to worry about the superchager. Yes it can be done and yes it can be done safely

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
SaturnI0Nredline said:

DO NOT USE A DRY SHOT ON A SUPERCHARGER.
Use a wetshot and you will be fine. The wetshot goes thur the fuel rail. Then you don't have to worry about the superchager. Yes it can be done and yes it can be done safely
Actually a wet kit sprays a mixture of nitrous and fuel into the intake system, not the fuel rail.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I personally think, if you're putting No2 on something, you should be prepared for some extra maintenance. If that means getting the blower rebuilt after 50,000 miles or something, that's what you should expect.

Some people run it on cars for years with no issues, some blow their engine in 5 weeks. If you're gonna do it, just make sure you do it right, or make sure you understand that you'll be replacing some expensive items later. If you use a direct port system, which will cost a ton, the only thing you have to worry about is the engine internals. You have to worry about them anyway, and with no other mods a 50-75 shot should be taken in stride. Assuming the strenth of our internals is what we've come to understand they are, and that the A/F ratios are within safe levels. A small level of gas like that should be no problem. Like anything else though, it costs a little bit to have it done the right (safe) way.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jparf said:
what about the n-tercooler kit. it doesn't even go into the engine...
What do you mean?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
We don't have one you can do that with though, there's another company out there called Cry02 that uses Co2 to do similar things. They also have ones that freeze around the fuel rail, and one that goes into the intake to chill the intake temps. Their dyno charts show good results, but no one here that responded to the post I made about it had much to say that was positive...

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Cobra guys spray through the blower as do the Lightning guys. They run Eaton superchargers too. Just as Spooner said, if you're running nitrous be prepared for more maintenance. But that's with any performance upgrade.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
my wifes car was leaking intercooler water into the manifold anyway when they had the supercharger off i looked into the intercooler and on the drivers side just below the supercharger there is a prime spot to drill and tap a nozle into and it will drop the charge temps without damaging the charger the only thing would to make sure you sealed the hole being there is air pressure there

·
Registered
351 Posts
kenwood599 said:
I have a NX wet system installed.
Where did they connect it? We need pictures!!!!!! Lets see this.. soon please

·
Registered
99 Posts
I emailed my pictures to someone on this forum on the condition he does not post them YET (he wanted to see the nitrous system on the RL). I have a reason for this. I have to install the purge system, remote bottle opener and bottle heater (they are not essential for nitrous operation but they make the "system" smoother, but they are expensive). I presently do not have them bought. That will come very soon. I have all of the switches, purge pushbutton, toggle switches and wiring installed for a functional, working nitrous system. A complete nitrous system is EXPENSIVE. When I get some miles on the car, get an oil change, I will get the car dyno'd locally (with and without the NX system). I will post the dyno results here. I will then take it to the local track and post some time slips along with some video. My younger son is graduating from college and my job has been interfering with the car project so I have no time for myself. My older son also races at the local track and I help him out as much as I can also. Only so many hours in the day. For your info JPK, I have 75 shot nozzles installed. New pictures and good things will come .. please .. be patient.

I have been in contact with another RL owner (who frequents this forum) who also has a NX system installed with a 50 shot and he seems pleased so far. He will remain nameless and no pictures of his install either at his request. Here is the exact quote from his email to me: "Its only been installed for about a week and I have not had time yet to make it to the track. On the street lately I have been able to pull away from a SRT-4 and a Z28."

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just want to see where they plug it in so to speak. I know about all the extras that would be nice. So post the pics soon! I don't really care about all the other stuff I want to see it. I would also like to post this up on my website....

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Wow... nice to know so many people are keeping info to themselves like this...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts