Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Joseph, I have a 2003 ion sedan with the base 2.2L. I want to turbo or super charge it and do a few other mods... I was told that tuneing is possible through a few different ways such as a stand alone system. I really want this done but i have no real idea as to where to start at. Any advice, thought or help would be great. Please this is something i need help with. Thank you for your time.

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,890 Posts
Best solution....HPTuners.com >> Performance At Your Fingertips

However I would find someone who know's what they are doing rather than spending 500 bucks and not knowing how to tune it :)
HPTs does not support the 2.2. And Trifecta does not support the 03-04 ION 2.2. That is why he said he had to use a stand alone system.

I got flammed on ION forums for saying this but if I were you I would trade in your car. If you like the sedans, get an 06 or newer ION with the 2.4L LE5. That engine is supported by HPTs.

You may loose $1000 or so on your trade but you will gain that all back with the added comfort of knowing that your boosted car is safe and reliable.

·
16,890 Posts
2.2's have direct injection or what?
The brand new 2.2 LAP does. But that is 08 and up.

I always get them confused becaue my buddys 2.2 cavy can be tuned by it.
It does not go by the engine size. You need to remember. An engine block is just a bunch of metal and bolts. Its the computer systems that control them.

GM L4 Cars
97-05 Chevy Cavalier 2.2, 2.4
05-08 Chevy Cobalt 2.0, 2.4 (08 2.4 Not Supported)
97-05 Chevy Malibu 2.2, 2.4
97-05 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2, 2.4
06-07 Pontiac G5 2.4
06-08 Pontiac Solstice 2.0, 2.4 (Automatic Not Supported) (08 2.4 Not Supported)
97-05 Pontiac Grand Am 2.2, 2.4
06-07 Pontiac G6 2.4
99-04 Oldsmobile Alero 2.2, 2.4
97-98 Oldsmobile Achieva 2.4
97-98 Buick Skylark 2.4
07-08 Saturn Sky 2.0, 2.4 (Automatic Not Supported) (08 2.4 Not Supported)
00-04 Saturn L-Series 2.2, 2.4
04-07 Saturn ION 2.0, 2.4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot but i dk i really dont want to sell my car i kind of have alot invested into it so far..... i mean .. if i did end up getting a new ion though i would prolly just go for the red line... then do stage kits but as for now and the next year or so i will be with this ion so anything i can do to beat the heck out of all the tuners that are around where i live (stupid civics... sorry to honda pple but im a civic hater... and one kid from here with a built acura rsx)

·
16,890 Posts
Thanks alot but i dk i really dont want to sell my car i kind of have alot invested into it so far..... i mean .. if i did end up getting a new ion though i would prolly just go for the red line... then do stage kits but as for now and the next year or so i will be with this ion so anything i can do to beat the heck out of all the tuners that are around where i live (stupid civics... sorry to honda pple but im a civic hater... and one kid from here with a built acura rsx)
You have other tuning option avalible but you won't find much help on any of these forums.

Your best bet would be Cobaltss in their 2.2 section.

2.2L L61 Performance Tech - Cobalt SS Network

There are a few more guys who have done what you are looking into doing.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
12,221 Posts
Hey check out eaton inside.com the administrator bc3tech has a 2.2 with a procharger. I'm sure he could give you some good advice...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'll sell you my eaton m62 when my tvs gets in...
Thanks but my problem isnt with finding an induction its tunning my car to handle it... i dk what would happen really if i did it with out tunning it but i dont want to find out.... Thanks alot though:):roller:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts