Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, I drive a 1988 VW Beetle, bone stock, 233,000 miles on it. Now let me start by saying, I like your cars, they're very nice, and I'm not trolling here... but your cars are slow as shit, if I had a choice between shit with wheels on it, and your cars, I'd take the shit. I had at LEAST three aircraft-carrier lengths on it before I hit 4th gear, oh wait, I only have 3 gears. So when I topped out at just over 55 mph, this guy was so far behind that he was choking on my exhaust fumes that was pouring out of my chromed 1" tip, with all 1.3L of hydrocarbon producing fury revving like mad...

So you can get all offended if you want, but all I'm saying is that your cars are slow buckets of crap, and only a foolish woodsman would purchase one for anything other than a shiny new nickel. Just accept the facts, I don't know why you're flaming me for it...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Yea, I drive a 1988 VW Beetle, bone stock, 233,000 miles on it. Now let me start by saying, I like your cars, they're very nice, and I'm not trolling here... but your cars are slow as shit, if I had a choice between shit with wheels on it, and your cars, I'd take the shit. I had at LEAST three aircraft-carrier lengths on it before I hit 4th gear, oh wait, I only have 3 gears. So when I topped out at just over 55 mph, this guy was so far behind that he was choking on my exhaust fumes that was pouring out of my chromed 1" tip, with all 1.3L of hydrocarbon producing fury revving like mad...

So you can get all offended if you want, but all I'm saying is that your cars are slow buckets of crap, and only a foolish woodsman would purchase one for anything other than a shiny new nickel. Just accept the facts, I don't know why you're flaming me for it...
[email protected] YOU A$$HOLE! I bet the guy you raced was a bad driver, and he uhh, did bad driver stuff. Ohh Also he wasn't racing. I mean so what he redlined each gear. Its a redline your suposed to do that. Dood 1" tips give you at least 225 HP to the wheels you lieing about your mods too. I need a dyno, timeslip, vid of you racing a RL, Vid of you at the track, that way i can keep calling bs even with proof.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
By the time I glanced back in my rearview mirror of my stock Echo, I could barely see the redline that I had just raced. I could not really guess the distance because I was airborne and had to swerve to avoid some powerlines and an overpass. But when you guys get some aftermarket support y'all will be able to keep up. I'd get the wing on the rear to keep on the ground, though.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sp00ner said:

I've been saying that all along, Beetles are top dawg. No one here will believe me. It is like talking to a bunch of rocks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
clownhair said:
I've been saying that all along, Beetles are top dawg. No one here will believe me. It is like talking to a bunch of rocks.
Dood thats a Soup Sandwich you and i both know a ford pinto with a Geo metro swap is better.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
"foolish woodsman"? That's fucking hilarious! Oh, man...*whiping tear*

·
Registered
331 Posts
You guys dont know whats really going on. I just drive my redline to work. On nice days i pull out my 90 colt with a briggs and strat engine swap with custom exhaust and huge air scoop, pushing low 10's in the 1/4. It has pop on spinners with a 4 ft high aircraft wing for a spoiler so i get the downforce i need. Drives the girls crazy, and demands respect at the track. I eat everything from redlines to vipers with this biotch.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Juggernaut said:
You guys dont know whats really going on. I just drive my redline to work. On nice days i pull out my 90 colt with a briggs and strat engine swap with custom exhaust and huge air scoop, pushing low 10's in the 1/4. It has pop on spinners with a 4 ft high aircraft wing for a spoiler so i get the downforce i need. Drives the girls crazy, and demands respect at the track. I eat everything from redlines to vipers with this biotch.
Oh man....i hope it's one with the Overhead Valve. those engines are serious.

·
Registered
681 Posts
How do I start a new topic? I have a question about our transmission fluid - the manual calls for Dexron III "manual transmission lubricant"...but I always thought Dexron III was auto trans fluid - while it could be used in some manual trans applications, it appears that the manual is saying there's two kinds of Dexron III?

My question is that since I want to swap in synthetic manual trans fluid, what the heck do I use?

·
Registered
50 Posts
rlinbatonrouge said:
By the time I glanced back in my rearview mirror of my stock Echo, I could barely see the redline that I had just raced. I could not really guess the distance because I was airborne and had to swerve to avoid some powerlines and an overpass. But when you guys get some aftermarket support y'all will be able to keep up. I'd get the wing on the rear to keep on the ground, though.
LMAO!! That's funny as hell!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wow - there's 15 minutes I'll never get back - was looking for air intakes, did a search, and came upon a forum titled "American Cars Suck Balls"...it's a Road & Track forum - what a bunch of moronic shit talkers, save for a few (Spoondood). These guys haven't a clue, they just keep throwing their verbal shit against the wall, never learning a thing, and never understanding anything - what a damned shame.

Do these people really have no job or ambition to succeed that they can spend countless hours having arguments with each other, where pretty much neither side knows what they're talking about?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
How do I start a new topic? I have a question about our transmission fluid - the manual calls for Dexron III "manual transmission lubricant"...but I always thought Dexron III was auto trans fluid - while it could be used in some manual trans applications, it appears that the manual is saying there's two kinds of Dexron III?

My question is that since I want to swap in synthetic manual trans fluid, what the heck do I use?

Yeah...it's an automatic fluid. No harm in using it. Some recomend ATF some recommend a MTF such as GM's Synchromesh. I use what the manufacturer recommends and keep it changed regularly.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I was just wondering if I could upgrade it, using a Redline, Amsoil, or Lucas product...my second job is at a HUGE (160,000 sq ft, with a 96,000 addition completed in 2 months) technical training school - all I have to do is buy the fluid - we have 16 lifts, and I can have my students do the work - great situation.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Jim Lewis said:

1. Go to the Forums
2. Select the Area that you would like start your Topic in
3. Select the Start New Thread Button
( http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2 )

I hope that this helps!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Cool - I just hadn't seen that link and button - thanks.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
there's no f'n way you beat a redline with the bug, can't be, won't accept it, our cars are the fastest shit on earth, bs i want to see video and a full 3d rendering of the location showing every bump and dip in the road. there's no way any VW can beat a Saturn, no way. come up here and i'll show you you can never beat me because my car is the baddest this side of the mississippi...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Cool - I just hadn't seen that link and button - thanks.
let me know how it feels after the fact, i've been wanting to do this for a while

1 - 20 of 45 Posts