Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my OBX greddy style muffler went to the shop and told em take out the resonator for now and throw the muffler on, until a cat back really comes out :)

every thing was all good until we cut muffer off to see what kinda room/clearance we had :eek: well any way got it put on (thing is huge sticks below 3 inches from bumper) thing sounds ricey as hell BUT i feel so much power from her now it isnt even funny. but anyways i ordered a magnaflow race series off ebay(it is a 3" inlet 4" outlet anyone have this one????) hopefully this will sound a lil better and make it look a little more clean what you guys think?
I will have pics up tomarrow of obx muffler then next week when i get magnaflow on ;)

here is pics of the 2 mufflers!
magnaflow:

OBX:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have the same muffler. It's tucked up close to the exhuast outlet.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
taking out the resenator is prob what made it sound so bad

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Go with the same type of resonator Goofy has. I believe it's just 24" long, 3"in and out. You could get one just as long, just 2.5" in and out, couldn't you?

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
...You could get one just as long, just 2.5" in and out, couldn't you?
No, they don't make them that size for that length.

Just playin', but yeah the resonator makes all the difference. The difference between a whine and a rumble, and I don't mean a whine like the supercharger either. Think of the most annoying whine you can. I have a neighbor that will only shift AT redline in his eclipse, even when accelerating slowly. I'm thinking about putting a resonator on his car one night, or maybe welding the exhaust shut.

Aw man that would be a nasty prank!!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
SatredL said:
Hey, I'm not falling for that bannana in the tailpipe again!!
No man, you said that with no soul. You been working with this white guy too long... you supposed to say. "Naw, man. I AINT falling for no damn bananna in my damn tailpipe motherf*cker...."

Eddie...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I the same series of muffler just a different style tip, its really loud even with a resonater i have a 30" one in my car and it still loud as hell

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
cvenom2122 said:
i just got my OBX greddy style muffler went to the shop and told em take out the resonator for now and throw the muffler on, until a cat back really comes out :)
I think I would add the HKS "muffler bearing" on that over-inflated OBX and then it just might fit! :D
WOT

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
re1080 said:
I the same series of muffler just a different style tip, its really loud even with a resonater i have a 30" one in my car and it still loud as hell
wait till you get the header. More sound to come.

·
Registered
168 Posts
hopefully it will deepen it because right now it sounds a little ricey. but i consider good ricey because it actually goes fast

1 - 13 of 13 Posts