Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through GMTuner's site and came across this picture. I believe it is a boost gauge. It would be a very handy place for it if it was. Anyone got any ideas or inside info on it?

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Yes sir you are correct, that is a boost guage. It comes with the competition package.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
max_boost said:
Yes sir you are correct, that is a boost guage. It comes with the competition package.
Any idea if the competition package parts will be available seperately? I imagine they would be, but I could really go for the gauge and an LSD.

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Chrome said:
Any idea if the competition package parts will be available seperately? I imagine they would be, but I could really go for the gauge and an LSD.

Later,
Chrome...
Latest word I got from the service manager of Saturn of Glenview, IL, is that competition package components are still all going to production builds, but the fog lights should be available by the end of May, and the LSD should become available about mid-June. The installation of the LSD requires a new GM tool set, which costs the service department $2000. My guy says they have some of the needed tools, and they should have them all sometime in June. I never really asked about the boost gage, so I can't comment on that.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
What I've read on here about the boost guage is that it will not just plug in and work with the non-competition package red lines becuase they use a different wiring harness.

The LSD is already availible if you go http://www.quaifeusa.com/ the one for the Saab 9-3 is the same one for the Red Line

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
i have heard something similar to that myself i dont know if it is true or not though we will see.

i am setting up a buy for the quaife difs now. i should be able to pick up maybe 10 at a time as long as funds allow for it. i will be posting here if we can do this for all here so if you dont have a comp package you can add this, but we all need to make sure the dealer has the tools before ordering one, my dealership said they did not and didnt plan on getting them till there was a demand for them. i am now talking to our saab dealer to see about getting the quaife installed by them we will see and ill let you all know.

as far as the boost gauge goes im glad i didnt get it. personally i think it look hideous there!! man i just think its ugly there. ill be adding a blitz one anyway so doesn't matter

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I want the diff the gauge is just stupid there. By itself is rediculous. And for the Diffy whats the price?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
we are working on it now. it looks like it'll depend on how many i can swing on the first order as to how low they will go. i have a meeting next week with a rep since i will be out thay way, we'll see what he says. it should be pretty dectent though i did this for the 300zx way back when and got those for like just over 900$ so we shall see

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
max_boost said:
What I've read on here about the boost guage is that it will not just plug in and work with the non-competition package red lines becuase they use a different wiring harness.
No worries, it's looks easy enough without any special harness or anything.
You will need to run 2 wires out to the ECM and add them to the connector at/with the correct terminals is all. From there the boost gage and shift LEDs need only IGN+, GND and to be spliced into the IP dimming circuit. Looks like a piece of cake to me. I'll post the schematic later.
What I have yet to determine is if there is a seperate ECM calibration to engage these outputs. Since it was delayed nobody has had a TECH2 on them yet. :(
Stay Tuned
WopOnTour

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Chrome said:

Later,
Chrome...
I have looked into it and the gauge at it runs around $275. That is just for the actual unit that goes on the steering column. You would then have to either figure out how to hook it up or buy the wiring harness from Saturn. I want it but I just cant justify that kind of cash for it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
goofyguy said:
I want the diff the gauge is just stupid there. By itself is rediculous. And for the Diffy whats the price?
Hey, that's exactly where my gauge is... and it sux... I need to move it up to the left of the gauges. You can see it real well though...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Hey, that's exactly where my gauge is... and it sux... I need to move it up to the left of the gauges. You can see it real well though...
Do you have any pics of your gauge?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Iit looks alot like the one up top there, but it's sitting in a round pod, as opposed to that molded one. I'm gonna move it this week/end, but I'll try and snap a pic of it when I get home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts