Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I did a search and I cant find anybody who has OEM rotors for our cars. I call the dealer and they say that the warehouse in springhill is out, plus the dealer charges 100 bucks per rotor :eek: . Has anyone found anything out about any saab rotors fitting our cars? Zfactor can you get me some of those brembo's without the holes or slots? Anything ASAP!!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Stillen sells rotor sets for $100 a rotor... much better than the dealer if you put 'em on yourself... that's the route I'd go if you're looking for new rotors... or Zman..

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
let me check for you ill call them today and see if i can get em without the holes. ill pm you back shortly i am almost positive i can just want to make sure for you and by the way they work great i have beat the hell out of mine and no warping or any problems whatsoever. talk to you soon

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I am looking for are rotors that arent drilled or slotted, just oem. The stillens would be cool but they are drilled and slotted correct. If I get drilled and slotted it would bump me outta stock class.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zfactor,

Hey, I hope I didnt cause ya any trouble or anything. I got a call back from my dealer today and they will have some for me tommorrow. They are also discounting them for me, 81 bucks per rotor. I appreciate your help. I will probably be getting some of you drilled and slotted one towards the end of the year.

AL

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
not a problem at all only a phone call no biggie let me know

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I'm also intrested in getting the Brembo rotors without being cross drilled and slotted. I won't be doing brakes until next spring but I am curious if you will be able to offer them. No way am I putting the shitty GM rotors back on my car but I don't really need/want a slotted rotor.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
My OEM rotors are warped to shit, it kind of aggravates me. Isn't there a TSB out for that though? Or aren't they under the bumper-to-bumper warranty? I really hope I don't have to pay $364 because the damn car warped a set of rotors in 7000 miles.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
So are mine, I get a nice pulsation when I apply the brakes. Same thing my Grand Am did.

I'm not sure if it is covered or not but if it is I'm not going to waste my time getting more GM crap rotors that are just going to do the same thing again.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
max_boost said:
So are mine, I get a nice pulsation when I apply the brakes. Same thing my Grand Am did.

I'm not sure if it is covered or not but if it is I'm not going to waste my time getting more GM crap rotors that are just going to do the same thing again.
I don't know, I got the rotors fixed on my Firebird at 14,000 miles, and I sold the car with 42k, and that last 28,000 miles never had a problem with them. Who knows, though?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was just at the dealer picking up my new rotors and the parts guy was really cool. He told me that if they find heat spots on the rotors they wont replace them under warranty and the will charge ya 40 bucks for looking at them :rolleyes: . If there are no heat spots they will turn them down to try to get rid of the problem. I dont know what would happen next though. I would assume if they were to warp again they would have to replace the warranty. Well I bought the new rotors anyway because I want good brakes for racing school on Thursday. He told me if I dont find any heat spots that I can return the new rotors and get the warranty work done. Still I would like to have it done sooner. The way its been they would have the car overnight to change the breaks lol. The parts guy also said something else kinda funny. He says, I dont blame ya though if I had that car I would be driving it hard too, heck I would probably be racing it. I just shrugged my shoulders and said, eh I really dont drive it that hard lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts