Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, how often do you guys change your oil, i heard from many people that you dont have to do it every 3k cause it being synthetic. Any opinions?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Twice a year.
That's about every 5,000 miles.

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Wait till your car tells you too.

Your car has a built in amount of revs it stores and once you use all those revs it will tell you to change your oil. If you do it any more than that your just doing it to do it.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I go once every three months or 3000 miles

Dirt still builds up in oil, synthetic or not.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I change mine more often than you use the search function. Here's yet another thread that will be beaten into the ground.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
^ lol....I count five other threads, below, with "oil change" as the title. :thinkerg:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have to change mine about three times a year. About every 5,000 miles or so.

·
Registered
13,594 Posts
i change mine every 2k miles. i just get so bored sometimes man. at 10k miles iv swapped my tranny oil twice and flushed my radiator once lol.....

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
sheek360 said:
i change mine every 2k miles. i just get so bored sometimes man. at 10k miles iv swapped my tranny oil twice and flushed my radiator once lol.....
You can borrow my car ANYTIME YOU WANT.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i change mine every 5k...it still never really looks all that dirty but i do all local driving and stop and go...highway miles are better than local, i always let the car warm up too for at least 2-3 mins before driving...it only takes me 10 mins to get to work, that's more harsher driving conditions believe it or not

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
i do it ever 5k.

i had a brake flush done at 24,500

i hooked up the pressure bleeder up to my clutch as well.

PITA to get at!

if you remove your intake tube you can see in enough to bleed it.

the brakes and clutch fell a ton more crisp after

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
You guy's change your oil??? I never did, and I got 47,000 miles on it, how do you do it??? is it hard???, do I have to get under the car to do it???, is there a special wrench for the filter???, and were is it located??? I used the search thing here and I can't find anything about it on there??? I can be such an ******* sometimes!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i did search the treads and nothing came up in the first 2 pages when i searched for some reason.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
he is right nothing about changing your oil in the first two pages of the search thingy.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
RACIN_RANDY said:
You guy's change your oil??? I never did, and I got 47,000 miles on it, how do you do it??? is it hard???, do I have to get under the car to do it???, is there a special wrench for the filter???, and were is it located??? I used the search thing here and I can't find anything about it on there??? I can be such an ******* sometimes!!! LOL!!!
take it to the dealer if you can't do it!! 47k miles!! if your engine goes and you have no receipts backing up that you change your oil, you're screwed!!

i think the oil filter is located in the front of the car, how to explain it, near the intake pipe...some say they remove the cai to get to it easier...i take it to a 10 min oil change place, i can see through the window, cost me 47$ last time, mobil 1...

change that shit quick before you have a real problem on your hands...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
silverredline said:
take it to the dealer if you can't do it!! 47k miles!! if your engine goes and you have no receipts backing up that you change your oil, you're screwed!!

i think the oil filter is located in the front of the car, how to explain it, near the intake pipe...some say they remove the cai to get to it easier...i take it to a 10 min oil change place, i can see through the window, cost me 47$ last time, mobil 1...

change that shit quick before you have a real problem on your hands...
Owned by the NINJA TEXT!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
^^shit, now i feel like an ass...i didn't notice that at all....guess it happens to everyone at least once

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
:iamwithst cause of :ninja: text WILL ALWAYS WIN!!!

:flamed: with a little ownage!!! LOL

And Yes! I can be a funny ******* sometimes!!! I always get mine done between 3000 & 4500 miles, and the dealer always dose it for me. I'm lazy, and for $50.00 I can't complane.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts