Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I recently change the oil in my Redline since the oil change indicator went off and even though I changed it how do I get the Indicator to go off cause it still pops up when i start the car. Also does the CAI from K&N void our warranty with saturn?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Press the button, the same one that cycles through the displays, and hold it until it chimes.

It should not void the warranty.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
StrikerRedline said:
hey I recently change the oil in my Redline since the oil change indicator went off and even though I changed it how do I get the Indicator to go off cause it still pops up when i start the car. Also does the CAI from K&N void our warranty with saturn?
Look in your manual, that should tell you how to reset it.

Mine has never gone off and I have 10k miles. I have had 2 oil changes that the dealer has done. I wonder if they reset it when they change the oil.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jeepin79 said:
Look in your manual, that should tell you how to reset it.

Mine has never gone off and I have 10k miles. I have had 2 oil changes that the dealer has done. I wonder if they reset it when they change the oil.
They should, mine went off at 6800 miles, and I had changed it once without reseting the monitor at about 3500 miles...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I tried holding down the cycle button but the chng oil display still appears everytime I start the car.

·
Registered
524 Posts
jeepin79 said:
They should if they do the oil change properly. I always reset mine right after I go to the dealer for an oil change. I'm the type of person that won't bet on somebody doing their job correctly...

Tom

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well how did you reset it cause I help down the button that usually resets the trip mileage like SpOoner said but it didn't work. Or maybe I'm pushing the wrong button.

·
Registered
808 Posts
StrikerRedline said:
Well how did you reset it cause I help down the button that usually resets the trip mileage like SpOoner said but it didn't work. Or maybe I'm pushing the wrong button.
push the button and let off (reset will appear) THEN hold the button down again until it chimes

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks A lot i finally figured out what i was doing wrong cause if that thing went off one more time I was gonna rip the console out. ALso I installed the K&N CAI and I know if it's in there like K&N designed it then it won't voiid the warranty but i customized it with a bracket to move the filter right in front of the Open portion of the air dam and i don't know if that'll void it or not?

·
Registered
437 Posts
StrikerRedline said:
...but i customized it with a bracket to move the filter right in front of the Open portion of the air dam and i don't know if that'll void it or not?
Do you have a picture of that, cuz i haven't installed mine yet so i'd like to get an idea.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've taken pics but i don't have a digital camera so I have to wait till i use the film and get a disc with the pics on it.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
StrikerRedline said:
If you changed your oil yourself- keep the Mobil 1 and filter receipts in an envelope in your glove box and document your change with date and mileage in your maintainance record book. (this is usually sufficient to maintain your warranty)

Adding a CAI has recently been specifically identified by GM as as NOT affecting your warranty status directly- but if any future failure is determined to be directly attributed to to it's use or installation eg. "dusted out" engine from loose pipe fittings, contaminated MAF (or other sensors mounted in the inlet) from over oiled filter etc etc- they may deny THAT claim.

HTH
WOT

·
Registered
80 Posts
dude...i jus got mine done today at saturn luckly 1st one is free it took them like an hour 2 do n altho it was free, the charge on one is freakin 80 bux?!...lol 80 dollars for a freakin oil change who does that, our cars take 7 quarts thas insane

·
Registered
115 Posts
05BlueRedline said:
dude...i jus got mine done today at saturn luckly 1st one is free it took them like an hour 2 do n altho it was free, the charge on one is freakin 80 bux?!...lol 80 dollars for a freakin oil change who does that, our cars take 7 quarts thas insane
My dealer charges $108.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.