Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my car back from saturn where I had my shorted dome light looked at and my oil changed. He told me oil is 11 bucks a quart and 7 quarts. Totall came to 119.00 for the oil change. Thats after I talked him down a measily 12 bucks from 131. Saturn of Roswell will never see me there for anything but warranty work again. And they still invited me to the BBQ this weekend. I should go actually since im paying for the food. Am i wrong to be pissed off or is that the going rate? heh, i know the answer.. "lol you got shafted"

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
hell no i almost had to pay 150 then i told the dealership f*ckyou and i went to a dealer thats a littl out of the way but i paid 75 but they only used 6 qt so i have to check the oil level and if its wrong im gonna rip them a new one.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
but in a way you did pay more than quite a few others. some paid like 50 or so.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to have a truck and i did all the changes on that, its a truck :).. plus i figured it to only be about 30 bucks to have it done. I can tell you im doing it myself from now on tho.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
well where i can get my oild its 40 for 5 qts and then $15 for 2 more then like $7 for the filter or something like that. plus i just didnt have the time to really mess with it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ya know, it's funny. My 04 Vette uses syn oil and the Chevy Delaer charges me 65. The Saturn Dealer (Saturn of Southfield (Michigan)) wanted $93 for my RL! The freken oil oil costs about $4/qt. So lets see, 4*7=$28. That plus a filter/cap combo at retail ($13) =$42.

So I guess they are charging about $50 for additioal oil markup and labor.

I hope they rot. I'm buying the Snap On socket tomorrow and doing it myself unless it's below zero out.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
damn u guys are hella lucky they are a bunch of money hungry bastards here in cali. i hate this god damn place ........ f*ck it im moving. somewhere i can get oil for cheaper and not have these gay cali laws.

·
Registered
46 Posts
blab10 said:
Am I missing something here? Why would you pay anyone anything to change your oil!? That is just crazy talk man. :eek: :confused:
Because it isn't worth the time and headache. I paid 20 bucks on a special deal for everything at a saturn dealer. Next time, I will bring my own oil and have them do it for like 20 bucks. Six quarts at costco for like 23 bucks.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
$23 for 6 qt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohhhhhhh im soo pissed this is getting to stupid in cali. they jack the prices so high.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
dickjones said:
Because it isn't worth the time and headache. I paid 20 bucks on a special deal for everything at a saturn dealer. Next time, I will bring my own oil and have them do it for like 20 bucks. Six quarts at costco for like 23 bucks.
I think list is somewhere around 7 bucks.. Just make sure it is Mobil 1 or flush the engine....

Mark

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
where u guys live? cuz hell ill send u the money u buy then ship i think thatll save a little money.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i fill w/91 for 2.20

·
Registered
943 Posts
okay, that's not too bad.

Where in Cali are you. I grew up in the state for the most part and most of my relatives live there still, but the politics scare me.:D

My brother is in LaJolla and San Diego areas and his Supercharged Xterra kils him in gas bills.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i used to live in pleasanton but i now live right outside of sac ..... well techn. im in sac but ahhhh who cares just call it sac

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i remember when gas (91) was like $.99/gal that was awsome

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yeah, prices should not be as bad up there. My dad was statined at Travis in the late seventies, early eighties, and my brother is stationed there now. Actually, my parents were just in Sacremento two days ago after visiting. Funny how the state seems to be run by the people in SoCal, but the capitol in upstate.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts