Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Check your air filter for oil staining indicating excessive oil going through the pcv system, and most likely caused by excessive blow by into the crank case through the rings, mine burned 2qrts of oil every 1k miles and with in a month of a new air filter it had a massive oil stain on it. (Can post picture on Monday when back at work) i had about 30% cyl leakage on cyl #2 but it would never miss fire until max boost near redline. I just did a rebuild a few months back and has been nice to still have full oil after 3k miles of driving. Note i probably started burning small amounts of oil around the 180k mark by 230k i was burning a lot more oil so felt it was time by the time i hit 250k.. i could also give it a full throttle blip while stationary in neutral and a lovely smoke cloud would emit from the tail pipe. Fun fact i'd top off with 10w-40 diesel oil and it slowed down the consumption 馃槄

Registered
Random other thought. After our engines run they do need a long time , sometimes up to 30 min, for all the oil to run back down. Have you checked the oil after it sat a while / overnight? On a side note.. where is all the rust? Lol mine looks no where that nice underneath and yes i am in NJ so salt eats cars.

Registered
You did compression , but did you do cylinder leak down? That would be the best way to check cylinder health. I had good compression even burning the amount of oil that i was, but heavy leak down on 1 cyl into the crank case.

Registered
Yeah, you will need an air source via a compressor / air line hook up and the gauge set with appropriate adapters and the appropriate procedures (idk if you are familiar with the process) worst case any shop / dealer should be able to do it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts