Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell from this video what might be the best bet to look at for the source of the leak? It looks like it is coming out somewhere below the oil filter but I cannot see well enough to get to the source. At least it is not the oil pan - but I don't know if that is actually a good thing :(

Someone suggested the oil pressure sensor as a possible source but I didn't see anything leaking from that far forward - assuming that is where it is.

I hope this link works and that I caught something useful in the video. Don't use the audio - nothing there but normal engine noise. I think I did pretty good just to get the video from the phone I have.
The top of the screen is the front of the car and the view is of the front right corner of the oil pan and forward. I tried to see above it and zoom but couldn't really get much there.

Can I do anything to get a better look? I am using about 1 $10 qt of oil per week but am worried it may get worse until I either find it or give up and just take it in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1sX7-hbls4eVVphNkQ1V3NDLUU/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
That is exactly where my oil pressure sender was leaking. It's right above where you were filming.

Another possibility would be the o-ring on the oil filter cap has gotten torn, damaged, or missing.

I'd suggest a new cap altogether if that's the case.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. I looked around the oil filter cap and didn't notice anything leaking around the cap. I may take it off tomrorow just to be sure. I need to find where that sensor is then because what i thought was it was sticking straight out towards the radiator in front. I will take another look. Doesn't look terribly easy to get to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts