Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, what's it gonna take to end this mess. I feel like you guys started it, you guys feel like we're a bunch of fanboys. I'm as sick of it as you are. The fact that we are the competition for each other makes it even harder. You guys have nice cars, I do mean that truly. We have nice cars, I do mean that as well. If I have offended anyone without cause, I'd like to apologize. If you sit in this particular forum, you see how many people like to bash us. A lot of them happen to drive SRTs. Not anyone from a particular forum, I know there are alot of people from the Cobalt/Redline/SRT forum group here, but other people as well. No, it's not limited to SRT owners, but since it's just us and you guys in the domestic market, that's the most common people. I know that you guys have taken you knocks as well, I hear it on a day to day basis. I just feel like you guys are doing the same thing back to us now. Every competive instinct that I have says to keep the battle going, but it's not good for everyone else.

So what does it take? Should we never talk about each other's cars? Should we just all learn to take shit from each other? What? I don't want to argue like 3 year olds anymore. Good, constructive, logical arguements is one thing, but we're all going down the wrong path. You're calling me names, I'm calling you names, and everyone involved looks like a little kid. I'm dead serious about this, so if you're response is along the lines of a bad insult, don't bother.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
Very Nice post. This is what I was talking about Sp00ner.

I'd like to commend you for posting this!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,556 Posts
very good post

keith-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Good luck with burying the hatchet...... there are tools on both sides of the line that just post to incite anger..... this is a good start though.... but my pessimism tells me that you are better off saving yourself the heartache and just ignore the morons that are out there.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SporkLover said:
Good luck with burying the hatchet...... there are tools on both sides of the line that just post to incite anger..... this is a good start though.... but my pessimism tells me that you are better off saving yourself the heartache and just ignore the morons that are out there.
Yea, well at least I tried. Look, you're here being honest, that's a start. It's fine to argue when people are having fun with it, but it's not fun anymore. I've got a road-race season that starts next week, I'll save all my 'shit-talking' for there, as much as I can! ;)

If nothing else, I can at least see who would have been civil to start, and who is a tool no matter what we do. The people that are gonna be tools regardless, they can go **** themselves, but the other names I'll remember.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Nice olive branch Sp00ner... did you also post this at the SRT forum you were "having a bit of disagreement" at? I'd like to see with what level of maturity the responses would be... curious if it would be accepted in the spirit it was offered.

In a separate thread here, we've been posting our professions... I'm impressed/amazed with the number of military, EMT and technical (esp. programming) folks we have represented, and I do not mean to slight anyone outside these professions... it takes all "varieties" to make the world go 'round, but we seem -- as a forum -- to be a cut above the general population (God, I must sound like an elitist here, but I don't mean to... I think we found RLs because we were searching for something "a cut above" and chose RLs because we thought through our decision).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Yea, well at least I tried. Look, you're here being honest, that's a start. It's fine to argue when people are having fun with it, but it's not fun anymore. I've got a road-race season that starts next week, I'll save all my 'shit-talking' for there, as much as I can! ;)

If nothing else, I can at least see who would have been civil to start, and who is a tool no matter what we do. The people that are gonna be tools regardless, they can go **** themselves, but the other names I'll remember.

Just for the record... i classify myself as a tool.. but i never joined in on the mud slinging going back and forth.

today Im going to try and buy a second car... the first one Im going after is a Red RL ;)
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jmichna said:
Nice olive branch Sp00ner... did you also post this at the SRT forum you were "having a bit of disagreement" at? I'd like to see with what level of maturity the responses would be... curious if it would be accepted in the spirit it was offered.

In a separate thread here, we've been posting our professions... I'm impressed/amazed with the number of military, EMT and technical (esp. programming) folks we have represented, and I do not mean to slight anyone outside these professions... it takes all "varieties" to make the world go 'round, but we seem -- as a forum -- to be a cut above the general population (God, I must sound like an elitist here, but I don't mean to... I think we found RLs because we were searching for something "a cut above" and chose RLs because we thought through our decision).
No, I didn't post it there specifically. The ones that matter will see it, that's enough. The ones that don't, don't.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SporkLover said:
Just for the record... i classify myself as a tool.. but i never joined in on the mud slinging going back and forth.

today Im going to try and buy a second car... the first one Im going after is a Red RL ;)
If that's your SRT, it look EXACTLY the same color red as my Redline. That would be a nice match in the driveway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
I can't say I've never called somone a name or got into a pissing contest but I think it's riduculous. It's ridiculous because alot of these people would not talk in this manner face to face. Alot of people hide behind the fact that distance is what protects them. The anonimity of the internet. Besides what's with all the homophobic rhetoric, everybody's gay this, and suck my that. Someone has some issues, especially immaturity.

Really now, if there were five of any one type of car guys lined up, would any of these shit talkers walk into the middle of them and say a third of the playground statements made here. Absolutely not, not alone. Be real people, why front about the kind of person you really are. It's the flippin internet not the matrix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Okay, Okay I give......I'll stop talking trash (except maybe to those Ford guys!! (jk). I agree Spooner, and I have agreed with most of what you post. Unfortunately, I don't believe anyone that has started or participated in the "Post Wars" who isn't a soild participant in these forums (ie "Trolls") will ever "get it". Soooo, BZ to you dude for the electronic olive branch!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
spooner nice post it deffently needed to be said, i have stayed out of these post wars as much as i can because i dont think that telling someone that your car is slower than yours makes it slower, its all about the road, and a car is not fast at all without a driver, and the "aftermarket" would never exist without forums like this one. i think that people are useing this forum as to much of a bragging site and not somewhere to learn about there car. personally i have stopped looking in the kill section because i dont care what others have beat i just care what i can beat. but i am done rambling now because i am sure i could keep going but who cares. All i have to say is we all drive different cars, but we are all car guys so just get along for the good of the cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,188 Posts
03-29-2005, 08:24 PM

That was the last post Sheek!

Go Sheek..you silly cracker.. post dates man..post dates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,594 Posts
Tibbett said:
03-29-2005, 08:24 PM

That was the last post Sheek!

Go Sheek..you silly cracker.. post dates man..post dates.
lol sorry. didnt see the date, touching none the less. me and my cracker ass........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,405 Posts
this thread is teh ancient
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top