Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what I was doing to this obviously over-stressed driver on the road, I was honestly drivng 60 mph, using my turn signal to change lanes, and maintaining a very respectable following distance to this car. He got slowed up by the car in front of us, I waited a few seconds for him to pull out and pass so I wouldn't cut him off, he didn't, so I gave it a little gas and went around him. I really mean A LITTLE gas, like from 60 to 65 mph, just to pass him and the car in front of him, and I pulled back in front of the car that we were previously behind.

He goes around the opposite side of this car, pulls up even with my window on the drivers side, looks at me, leans over and starts mouthing something about my car being a total piece of shit! For what reason, I don't know still. I'm blown away by this fact, I thought he was going to compliment it or something. I'm still not positive that's what he was saying, but whatever it was, it wasn't friendly.

The funny part? He's driving a nearly brand new Saab 9-3 turbo...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
9-3 turbo, Now that is funny. He obviously needs to do two things, learn more about his car, and switch to decaf

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's these cars!!
2nd day we had the car, was still trying to get the feel of it. Left a light on a 3 lane rd and got a LITTLE wheel spin, take off quick up to 70ish. We(me, my wife, and 2 month old) were going back to the dealer for a detail(was raining the day we bought) All of a sudden some Mazda MX6 comes flying past waving his arm out the window yelling. We laughed and continued on, till he slows up at a light, I rolled the window down and he was saying something about, "you better get me in the corners cause I got 200 HP!" I laughed at him and said and your bragging about that? Well, I won't go on, but he did for 20 mi. or so. Got 4 or 5 redlights next to this nut! Every time I would put football feilds on him, then he'd come flying by yelling!
I say F'em ALL!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
01SS05RL said:
It's these cars!!
2nd day we had the car, was still trying to get the feel of it. Left a light on a 3 lane rd and got a LITTLE wheel spin, take off quick up to 70ish. We(me, my wife, and 2 month old) were going back to the dealer for a detail(was raining the day we bought) All of a sudden some Mazda MX6 comes flying past waving his arm out the window yelling. We laughed and continued on, till he slows up at a light, I rolled the window down and he was saying something about, "you better get me in the corners cause I got 200 HP!" I laughed at him and said and your bragging about that? Well, I won't go on, but he did for 20 mi. or so. Got 4 or 5 redlights next to this nut! Every time I would put football feilds on him, then he'd come flying by yelling!
I say F'em ALL!
It's the fact that the Saab 93 is basically the Redline in a detuned luxury setup that makes me laugh my ass off...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sp00ner said:
It's the fact that the Saab 93 is basically the Redline in a detuned luxury setup that makes me laugh my ass off...
Well now dipolley's comment makes sense. I didn't even notice the last line in your original post :eek: . Duh! I read his reply, and was like :confused: . Sorry it's almost quitting time Fri.!!! :D
That is some funny sh*t!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
It's funny because every time that I talk to my dad, he asks how my car is riding. I tell him that it's still real good. He responds that of course it is, because it's basically the Saab 9-3 turbo. (he drove someone's at his work a little bit ago and was real impressed by it). If you do the research, both cars are very similar in quite a few design aspects.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts