Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the ion and the cobalt these are excellently made they bolt in perfectly to the stock holes.... and they either are available universal with no holes drilled for the seat part so you can drill your own or there come pre-drilled for all the popular seats... i.e. momo sparce bride etc...... if you have another brand and want them drilled all i need to know is the measurments from side to side and front to back... i need them to be measured at the center of the holes not the edges so center to center.. then they will drilled for your seats.... if they need to be drilled estimated time is about 2 weeks... if they are in stock they will be shipped right away... since i am not a vendor yet pm me for more info...... i will give you THIER INFO... so i am not making anyhting here just helping out a friend.. he said if they get enough calls they will do the vendor thing...... i have mine now and checked fitment for my momo's and they are perfect bolt right in....... thanks

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Damn you Z!!! You guys are just trying to keep me broke..

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
and what would these look like? i guess im a little on the :confused: side :p :eek: im a little outta it today :(

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pm me for more info....sorry i am not a vendor yet. i dont want to step on toes here.... and they look very factory ill take a pic of mine... painted flat black all welds are very nice and clean. this company makes brackets for hundreds of cars and race teams and they have been used in many magazine buildups. the guy is a friend and i sent them a oem bracket off the bottom of an ion to make them for us. they are available now,,, the price is only about 10$ more for pre-drilled ones....

·
Registered
41 Posts
i understand your postion. i was just curious if they were under $130 for the pair. that's the lowest i've found so far.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where were those from or were they custom??? just curious

·
Registered
41 Posts
gravana tuning,

just the brackets: http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2005_Saturn_Ion_Redline_2.0_SC.aspx/4/3749/_Custom_HD_Steel_Seat_Bracket_Set_Pair_of_Driver_Passenger_

package deal of the brackets and a pair of tenzo rally type seats: http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2005_Saturn_Ion-1_Sedan_2.2.aspx/4/3910/_TENZO_RALLY_SEAT_PROMO_Tenzo_Ralley_Sport_Racing_Seats_with_Brackets_Sliders

they released these a month or two (maybe more, can't remember exactly) a little after the seat/bracket package above. i wish i would have the money when they ran a group buy on another site; buy two seats and get the brackets for free. murphy's law i guess.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not sure from the pics but they are not very thick looking.... i could be wrong if i am then i am..... these are made by wedge engineering. i know a few guys there and these are by far the best brackets on the market they are consistently used in most of the buildups in all the mags... and in big name tuner shops unless they make thier own.... i did not know gravana had them....if they are made by tenzo i gaurantee these are better made.. nothing against tenzo but i sold thier honda brackets and they sucked ass..... poor welds and bad finish and fitment... but not sure who makes these for gravana ill have to ask wedge and see if they are doing it....

·
Registered
41 Posts
when the gp was going on they said they produced them themselves from the prototype they made for their project car. i don't believe they are tenzo sourced brackets since they are also available for sparco or recaro seats. unless they are all different levels of the same company. (i.e. like jbl/infinity/harmon kardon) alot of people have been using them without incident on j's for awhile now.

safety is the main factor, you don't want those breaking in the collision. price is secondary to that. since i know these are safe i felt confident them. they are on my list when i order my seats in a few months.

i'm not trying to steal thunder from your sale, like i said initially i was curious about price. (safety is still primary)

do you have a pic of the brackets you're talking about?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts