Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay serious sprint question....please post soon

i hope i can get some honest feedback here. i have an gentleman in his 40's that just purchased a redline which he will be allowing his son to drive. his son wants it lowered and he is kind of okay with it as longa as
1) the ride will still be VERY acceptable and not like riding in a rock
2) the ride wolnt bounce all over the place.
i have mentioned waiting for either the eibach's or the new intrax's that will be specifically for the redline and should have a good ride to them but he doesn't want to wait as im sure some of you did not. please be 100% honest for me about this. if i have to install them and then remove them i will but would really not want to have to if i can avoid that. his son saw some of your here with the sprints on them and he specifically asked for them which is not a problem as i am a dealer. i have installed sprint before though and have had mixed experience with them. sometime way to harsh of a ride or a few times it did make for a bouncy ride. other times have been great with sprints though. seems they are good for certain cars and not so much so for others. please give me honest opinions this would help out greatly to save me time and them money. thanks so much in advance

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also any opinions on the progress would be great also. i think he would rather have the sprints but.... thanks

and yes i have searched the forum and read most of the posts but i want really homest answers here...if you dont like them in any way let it rip here. thanks.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The Sprint springs are fine - they don't change the spring rate much over stock and lower the car 1.5-1.8". NOT what I'm looking for (I have them), so I'm looking for much more aggressive springs.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think Progress Technologies springs are just about perfect. The drop was right where I wanted it to be, and the ride is stiffer, but not uncomfortable. They're an outstanding product.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the progreess springs seem when lowered look like the front sits lower than the back does. i know that is how the spreings are anyway 1.8f 1.4 (i believe) rear. the sprints look a lot lower on the car. i am also waiting for intrax myself for my own car. but this kid doesnt want to wait so its either the sprints, progress, or the intrax available now which is not that much of a drop. let me know thanks

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I have sprints and Im not sure of a change over the stocker springs. It feels better in turns but thats geometry. Bouncy was the first month but once they settled they were great. I live in a bumpy area and Its more than comfortable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts