Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what it is with these V6 Mustangs around here. Maybe they see my little Ion as an easy prey, a quick kill to notch in their dash.

They are ALWAYS wanting to race me and having their asses handed to them. Hell, one guy kept wanting to go like 4 times and lost every time.

Anyhow, I'm coming home from dinner the other night and have my wife and two kids in the car. This V6 stang pulls up next to me. He starts revving at me and I just look at him like, "What are you, stupid? I've got my family in here." So the light turns and I take off like normal and I guess he hears my exhaust and punches it. I just tootled along like normal as he hauled ass and left me behind.

He's damn lucky I had my fam with me, otherwise, I would have embarassed him in front of his girlfriend who was in the car with him. Sad thing is, he's probably bragging up a storm how he beat this "slow ass" Saturn the other night. :rolleyes:

Good thing is, this all happened not too far from my house so I may meet up with him again someday while I'm alone in my lowly Saturn. :cool:
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
JPK said:
I don't know what it is with these V6 Mustangs around here. Maybe they see my little Ion as an easy prey, a quick kill to notch in their dash.

They are ALWAYS wanting to race me and having their asses handed to them. Hell, one guy kept wanting to go like 4 times and lost every time.

Anyhow, I'm coming home from dinner the other night and have my wife and two kids in the car. This V6 stang pulls up next to me. He starts revving at me and I just look at him like, "What are you, stupid? I've got my family in here." So the light turns and I take off like normal and I guess he hears my exhaust and punches it. I just tootled along like normal as he hauled ass and left me behind.

He's damn lucky I had my fam with me, otherwise, I would have embarassed him in front of his girlfriend who was in the car with him. Sad thing is, he's probably bragging up a storm how he beat this "slow ass" Saturn the other night. :rolleyes:

Good thing is, this all happened not too far from my house so I may meet up with him again someday while I'm alone in my lowly Saturn. :cool:
No worries bro, I'll look for a V6 mustang on the way home, cut it off, blow it's doors off and scream "GIVE THAT TO YOUR OTHER MUSTANG BUDDY IN THE NAME OF JPK YOU SONS OF A BITCH!!!!".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sp00ner said:
No worries bro, I'll look for a V6 mustang on the way home, cut it off, blow it's doors off and scream "GIVE THAT TO YOUR OTHER MUSTANG BUDDY IN THE NAME OF JPK YOU SONS OF A BITCH!!!!".

LOL!!!!

Awesome. We RL owners gotta stick together. ;)

I know it's kinda dumb that I let that get to me. I even commented to my wife that he was lucky I had my family in the car so he won't get waxed today.

She said, "you wouldn't race even if we weren't in here, right?" I just smirked and then she slugged me in the arm calling me immature or something like that. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Gp/gt

Go kill that mustang :D You would leave that car like its in reverse .....honestly my buddy owns a V6 mustang and we raced twice .....I KILL HIM EVERY TIME.....I honest to god put countless car legnths on him on the highway and can easily outrun him and lose him on a straight away.... I leave him like he's jus sitting there oh by the way Im talking about a 97 the newer ones are a TAD faster not by much though.....so think how bad you would beat my GT ....right .....NOW think how bad you would SMOKE that stang..... you would walk him .....and continue to walk him until he's a faded memory in your rearview. Put some money on this one for sure.....if you can....it's guarantee cash in your pocket .....and you get to ruin a mustangs ego.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GP/GT said:
Go kill that mustang :D You would leave that car like its in reverse .....honestly my buddy owns a V6 mustang and we raced twice .....I KILL HIM EVERY TIME.....I honest to god put countless car legnths on him on the highway and can easily outrun him and lose him on a straight away.... I leave him like he's jus sitting there oh by the way Im talking about a 97 the newer ones are a TAD faster not by much though.....so think how bad you would beat my GT ....right .....NOW think how bad you would SMOKE that stang..... you would walk him .....and continue to walk him until he's a faded memory in your rearview. Put some money on this one for sure.....if you can....it's guarantee cash in your pocket .....and you get to ruin a mustangs ego.

Oh yes. I don't know what it is with those guys, but they always wanna run me. :confused:


It happened again!!!! I was on my way to get my daughter from school and I had my son in the car. A Honda Civic with a big ole exhaust can on the back starts jacking with me. He takes off and leaves me. I stay behind him and keep him in sight. He gets to a red light and I pull up next to him and roll down my window. He rolls down his and I say, "I have my son with me" and I point to the back seat. He says, "Oh sorry man, my bad". I said, "If I didn't have him with me it would have been on. What you got in there?" He proceeds to tell me what he is "planning on putting in there. New motor, turbo yadda yadda. I ask, "what do you have in there RIGHT NOW?" "Intake and exhaust." He answers. The light turned and I waved and we went seperate ways.

I just wanted to make sure he knew that I WAS NOT racing. ;) :D :D


LOL!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
I can't relate with the family thing(I'm only 19) but I agree with you... My brother has an 9 month old son and won't even "play" with another car if he is in there... Now if you catch him when he doesn't have his son or his wife, prepare to get waxed...

The other day I let my dad drive my car(we was going to the bank to sign some paperwork) and a Gt Mustang got beside us, I figured dad would just let him go(he all the time getting on my case about racing on the street) but no, he proceeds to hit the gas a little, then the Mustang kicks it and dad does too... After he pulled about a car length on the GT, he got off of it...

Good Times...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ThatChevyGuy said:
I can't relate with the family thing(I'm only 19) but I agree with you... My brother has an 9 month old son and won't even "play" with another car if he is in there... Now if you catch him when he doesn't have his son or his wife, prepare to get waxed...

The other day I let my dad drive my car(we was going to the bank to sign some paperwork) and a Gt Mustang got beside us, I figured dad would just let him go(he all the time getting on my case about racing on the street) but no, he proceeds to hit the gas a little, then the Mustang kicks it and dad does too... After he pulled about a car length on the GT, he got off of it...

Good Times...

That's pretty funny about your dad. :D


Your brother is a smart guy. Anyone who would race or play on the road with children in the car, needs to have their head examined.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Gp/gt

There's nothin worse than having someone think they beat you when you weren't even racing.....It leaves them with false facts and Bs stories to tell there friends. There should be some international sign for "I WASN'T RACING"
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
GP/GT said:
There's nothin worse than having someone think they beat you when you weren't even racing.....It leaves them with false facts and Bs stories to tell there friends. There should be some international sign for "I WASN'T RACING"
How about a 1 finger salute?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sp00ner said:
How about a 1 finger salute?

I thought about that one too but the other guy would think you are just being bitter because you lost. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
I like when you're in the turning lane waiting on the light and ricers go by reving their fart cannons and then "get on" their cars...


Got to love the ricer fly by... With that move you can smoke Zo6 Corvettes in your 140hp Civic...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
ThatChevyGuy said:
I like when you're in the turning lane waiting on the light and ricers go by reving their fart cannons and then "get on" their cars...


Got to love the ricer fly by... With that move you can smoke Zo6 Corvettes in your 140hp Civic...
Bah sounds like me..trying to be all cool in my ricer..yes I have a 115hp civic...thank god it doesnt have a fart can..the whole mufflers cut off :) lol...anyway my car sounds loud..looks nice..but isnt fast...not only have i learned that the hard way..its common sense! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
V6 stangs are garbage. One of the things I cant stand is seeing some punk in a "pony" thinking he's driving some monster muscle car. I myself use to own a Cobra, and that thing was a beast. Other than the new GTs, the Cobras are the only mustangs I really like. And another thing, what's the deal with the horse decals on the sides of mustangs?! I know you're driving a mustang, so whats the point? Is it suppose to make the car faster?

But I've "raced" several V6 mustangs with my Redline and I have to say it's a great feeling putting them in their place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
IeatRice said:
V6 stangs are garbage. One of the things I cant stand is seeing some punk in a "pony" thinking he's driving some monster muscle car. I myself use to own a Cobra, and that thing was a beast. Other than the new GTs, the Cobras are the only mustangs I really like. And another thing, what's the deal with the horse decals on the sides of mustangs?! I know you're driving a mustang, so whats the point? Is it suppose to make the car faster?

But I've "raced" several V6 mustangs with my Redline and I have to say it's a great feeling putting them in their place.

Are u talking about the horse head down the side of it?? I dont think anyone does that to make it look faster..it just looks good on some of them. I myself wouldnt put it on my car. No doubt a RL would wax a v6 from 94-98. I had a 95 v-6 auto with a few mods, i thought it was fast til i got this one, and i thought i was fast again til i got more into them. The 99's and newer 3.8 have been known to run a 14.9 with only a CAI and a short throw shifter but still not enough to beat a Redline. I dont like punks in v6s who think they are fast either..if u got a stock v6 then drive it cuz it looks nice, not cuz its fast..now when they put boost on those things, well they can be pretty quick. Everytime i see one and my gf says ohh thats nice..i say..yeah its just a v6. U should watch out for those GT's that make themselves look like v6's, alot do it and then u might not be roasting that "v6" next to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Its weird, NO one has tried to race me, except for this STR-4 at 4:20 in the morning, other than that they stay away from me like the plague. I need a bigger spoiler. You know, one that is a threat to low flying planes.
I hate having to instigate, but I that wont stop me.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top